Position Title: Project Coordinator (Full-time)
Location: Gaza Strip
Report to: Program Officer
project duration: 9 month, starting date: 1 July 2020
MA’AN is an independent Palestinian development and training institution established in January 1989 and registered by law as a non-profit organization. The main office is located in Ramallah and the other branch offices are located in Gaza, and Jenin. MA’AN's work is informed by the necessity of creating independent, self-reliant initiatives that lead to the development of human resources for sustainable development, which incorporate values of self-sufficiency and self-empowerment.
MA’AN, in partnership with Oxfam, will start a second phase of a project entitled “Economic empowerment and building livelihood resilience of vulnerable men and women in the Gaza Strip” on mid-June 2020 and for a period of 9 months. The project will be implemented in collaboration with and the support of the WFP and the Ministry of Social Development (MoSD). It aims to build the resilience of vulnerable households in Gaza through empowering them to run small-scale projects related to animal husbandry and plant production. The project will include capacity building activities for the target group in the area of livelihood project planning and management, in addition to technical training in the area of plant production and animal husbandry. It will also include coaching services, extension services, and veterinary services for the implemented small-scale projects to promote their capacities and increase their performance. Further, small-scale production units such as baby green houses, poultry farms, livestock farms, and wicking beds will be established.
Therefore, MA’AN is looking for a competent and experienced project coordinator to work in the project. The project coordinator will be responsible for coordinating the project activities, rendering timely support for the project team, coordinating and liaising with partners including the project partner (Oxfam). The project coordinator should work in compliance with MA'AN values, rules, and regulations. He/she will work under the direct supervision of MA'AN’s Programs Officer.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the daily follow of the project activities in accordance with the project plans and reference documents.
- Prepare a detailed action plan and responsible for monitoring the implementation of these plans in coordination with the direct supervisor.
- Render timely support for the project staff under his direct supervision and ensure the effective management of resources to serve the objectives of the project in compliance with MA'AN rules and regulations.
- Plan for and implement regular field visits to monitor project progress and make adjustments as necessary and in coordination with the direct supervisor to ensure the successful completion and achievement of results.
- Ensure the proper and quality preparation and organization for the field visits by the project partners and prepare presentations on project progress.
- Represent MA’AN in meetings with the project partners and provide feedback that would help MA’AN and partners make the rights decisions.
- Review and improve all project documents and forms such as beneficiary targeting forms, MOUs with beneficiaries, TORs for service provision, and BoQs for contractual works.
- Manage relations with the external consultants including follow up for the implemented consultancy assignments and provide feedback and recommendations to improve performance.
- Coordinate and liaison with the project partner (Oxfam) and ensure the timely and effective exchange of information and feedback to promote project results.
- Ensure the proper documentation of the project activities and develop the necessary forms and records to ensure the smooth and timely sharing of information.
- Prepare regular progress reports, interim and final narrative reports with high quality and in a timely manner.
- Provide a close follow up for the project expenditures to ensure the effective and appropriate utilization of funding.
- Document all project findings, outcomes and recommendations to help MA'AN in its future project development planning.
- Perform any other tasks as requested by the direct supervisor.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Essential Experiences and Competencies:
- At least BA in project management, economic development, or any other relevant fields.
- Minimum 3 years of experience as a project coordinator for livelihood and food security projects.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in working with NGOs or INGOs in coordinating humanitarian projects that support access to basic needs such as food.
- Proven experience in the field of economic empowerment, especially related to agriculture and food security.
- Good knowledge about livelihood development concepts and ability to support the design and implementation of income-generating activities for vulnerable households.
- Strong knowledge of project cycle management and core humanitarian standards (CHS)
- Excellent written and spoken English Language.
- Strong reporting skills and ability to prepare quality narrative reports.
- Strong time management skills and ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Highly organized, reliable attention to details, and ability to work independently or in team as necessary.
- Mature work practices, highly motivated and able to make sound judgments.
- Advance computer literacy.
- Strong team management and problem-solving skills.
- Good understanding and commitment to MA’AN core values and principles.
The interested candidates are requested to send their cover letter and curriculum vitae including the names and contact details for three reference by email to [email protected] no later than Tuesday 16TH June 2020 at 04:00 PM
Please ensure that you state the title of the post that you are applying for as subject of your email