Job Title Project Coordinator M/F Palestine
Location West bank/East Jerusalem
Médecin du Monde Suisse
For 25 years, Médecins du Monde Switzerland, a campaigning medical organization committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable improvements in health-for-all policies.
Under the rensponsability of the General Coordinator you will contribute to the development of MdM-CH strategy and ensure the implementation, the quality and the consistence of the mental health component of the program with partners and MdM coordination team.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE NEEDED
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in psychology, project management or any related field. Background in health and development is an asset.
- Fluent English &Arabic, French an asset
- Essential working experience in humanitarian response and at minimum three years in a relevant position.
- Experience in project coordination. Management of an MHPSS team is an asset.
- Experience in working with local authorities and partners
- Experience with the production of summaries and analysis of the data collected and compiled when required.
- Experience in the writing of donor’s reports and proposals. Experience in fundraising and donor management an asset.
- Experience in capacity building is an asset
- Essential computer literacy (Word, Excel and Internet)
Under the line management of the OPT general coordinator, the project coordinator will undertake and supervise the implementation and further development of MDM SWISS mental health projects intervention in West Bank and East Jerusalem.
Main responsibilities and tasks
Project management & development
- Implement and manage activities implemented in West Bank and East Jerusalem, including related human and financial resources management as well as institutional representation towards the partners of the project
- Co-ordinate the activities between the different projects implemented in West Bank and East Jerusalem.
- Identify partners, local and international (development organization, people with disability organization, etc.) to further develop project in West Bank and Est Jerusalem.
- Design and development of any project responding to the evolution of the situation in accordance with MDM Swiss mandate.
- Manage the budget allocated for West Bank and East Jerusalem intervention and report to General coordinator and administrator coordinator.
Monitoring and evaluation
- Develop regular plan of action and regularly evaluate the projects progress in line with the defined project objectives.
- Ensure the setup of monitoring tools for the partners
- Organize relevant needs assessments and exploratory missions in order to enable attend a less biased analysis in terms of determining the actual need of the affected population
- Develop Monitoring Systems in collaboration with the general coordinator.
- Participate in the redaction of the project’s reports for the different donors in accordance with their guidelines.
- Report on a regular basis to the general coordinator and write monthly reports.
- Identify and support the needs of the MHPSS staff on the field
- Develop monitoring tools for the team in order to assist the implementation of the designed activities.
- Organize and conduct weekly or bi-monthly team meetings.
- Represent MDM in coordination meetings, participate to the different medical meetings especially on protection and Mental Health Cluster meetings, and proactively lead on external coordination with other health actors, UN agencies at the relevant level, and implemented partners of the projects.
- Lead on liaison with the MoH authorities where MdM is presently working and collaborating to ensure an excellent working relationship.
- Support field teams to coordinate on the ground with all stakeholders, and ensure that information passes both up and down the chain of command in a timely manner
- Ability to monitor the security situation in the areas of intervention.
- Ability to handle incident management efficiently.
- Ability to take decision together with General Coordinator on measures to adopt in case of a volatile security environment.
- Ability to work under pressure in an unstable and changing environment
- Ability to manage priorities effectively
- Good writing skills in writing and designing proposals and good communication skills
- Reactivity, anticipation, adaptability, capacity to take initiatives
- Excellent communication skills are essential to ensure cohesion with other programme and partner staff skills are primordial.
- Good skills in organization, co-ordination and the transfer of knowledge are essential. The person must be able to work independently and without constant supervision.
- Ability to live and work in a difficult security context and willingness to accept security protocols.
- The position is based in West Bank and East Jerusalem.
- Working Hours: Standard office working hours from Sunday to Thursday.
Interested applicants should send a detailed CV and motivation letter in English to: [email protected] titled “Project Coordinator” before 23/02/2018.