Position Title: Project Coordinator (Full-time)
Location: Gaza Strip
Report to: Program Officer
project duration: 12 month, starting date: 1 December 2018
MA’AN is an independent Palestinian development and training institution established in January 1989 and registered by law as a non-profit organization. The main office is located in Ramallah and the other branch offices are located in Gaza, and Jenin. MA’AN's work is informed by the necessity of creating independent, self-reliant initiatives that lead to the development of human resources for sustainable development, which incorporate values of self-sufficiency and self-empowerment.
MA’AN will start to implement a project titled “Addressing Extreme Vulnerability and Strengthening Resilience in Protracted Crisis” in partnership with Oxfam. This project is intended to reach an estimated total of 2,810 beneficiaries who are living in under-served communities of Gaza and North Gaza through protection and food security activities that will strengthen their resilience and enhance their living conditions. The project will respond to the food needs of the targeted beneficiaries through the distribution of fresh food vouchers and will address the protection concerns of the targeted households and their children through cash-based and establishing of income-generation activities. Therefore, MA’AN is looking for a competent and qualified project coordinator with diverse and extensive experience in project management who obtain the necessary skills and knowledge to carry out the job assignments effectively and efficiently, and in compliance with MA’AN’s values, rules and regulations. The project coordinator will work under the direct supervision of MA’AN Program Officer.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the overall project implementation according to the project proposal and other related reference documents.
- Prepare detailed action plan and procurement plan and monitor the implementation of these plans in coordination with the direct supervisor and other responsible staff at MAAN.
- Execute the project activities according to the project plan to ensure the desired results are achieved, the most efficient resources are used and the different interests involved are satisfied.
- Supervise and follow up the implementation of the project activities, including staff organization and guidance, coordination with the partner and key stakeholders and management of available resources.
- Develop and review all project documents and forms such as beneficiary targeting forms, MOUs with the beneficiaries, TORs with service providers and all other related documents in coordination with the program officer.
- Plan for and implement regular field visits to monitor project progress and make adjustments as necessary to ensure the successful completion and achievement of results.
- Ensure the proper documentation of the project activities and develop the necessary forms and records to ensure the smooth and timely sharing of information.
- Prepare regular progress reports, interim and final narrative reports with high quality and on a timely manner.
- Provide a close follow up for the project expenditures to ensure the effective and appropriate utilization of fund.
- Document all project findings, outcomes and recommendations to help MA'AN in its future project development planning.
- Perform any other tasks as requested by the direct supervisor.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Essential Experiences and Competencies:
- At least BA in project management, international development or any other relevant field.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in project management.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in working with NGOs or INGOs in managing humanitarian projects that support access to basic needs such as food and protection, especially for children and women.
- Good knowledge about economic empowerment concepts and applications and ability to support the design and implementation of income-generating activities for vulnerable women.
- Strong knowledge of project cycle management and core humanitarian standards (CHS)
- Excellent written and spoken English Language.
- Strong reporting skills and ability to prepare quality narrative reports.
- Strong time management skills and ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Highly organized, reliable attention to details, and ability to work independently or in team as necessary.
- Mature work practices, highly motivated and ability to make sound judgments.
- Advance computer literacy.
- Strong team management and problem solving skills.
- Good understanding and commitment to MA’AN core values and principles.
The interested candidates are requested to send their cover letter and curriculum vitae including the names and contact details for three reference by email to [email protected] no later than Thursday 22nd November 2018 at 04:00 PM
Please ensure that you state the title of the post that you are applying for as subject of your email