Location: Gaza City
Position: Project Coordinator
Duration: 6 months with possibility to extend
Reports to: Programs Manager
Social Developmental Forum (SDF) is a civil society organization operating in OPTs. SDF seeks to build a professional model that can better invest in the available resources and capacities based on respect for human rights, the law and civil values to offer community services through three main programs: 1) Civil Empowerment & Human Rights, 2) Socio-economic Empowerment, 3) Media and Communication.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Ensure timely, efficient and effective implementation of the work plan that ensures the project outcomes and outputs are aligned with the project proposal.
- Undertake day to day management of the project, including smooth project implementation, efficient use of resources.
- Supervise and mentor the project team to ensure effective, efficient and timely implementation of the project and support an environment of learning for staff within the project.
- Ensure appropriate recording and accounting documentation as required by SDF.
- Produce timely reports as required by the SDF and donor reporting systems.
- Develop Terms of Reference for project consultant /experts and ensure proper delivery of technical services and submission of technical and other reports.
- Ensure the participation and involvement of relevant stakeholders in project activities so that the process is inclusive, participatory and transparent.
- Supervise the visibility, publication and media products within the project.
- Display cultural, gender, religion, race and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Ability to lead strategic planning, results-based management and reporting
- Ability to lead formulation, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of development programmes and projects, mobilize resources.
- Solid knowledge in financial resources and human resources management, contract, asset and procurement, information and communication technology and general administration
- Consistently approach work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
- Demonstrate openness to change and ability to manage complexities
- Remain calm, in control and good humored even under pressure
- Maturity and confidence in dealing with senior and high ranking members of national and international institutions, government and non-government
- Excellent ability to network and build relations with stakeholders
- Highly organized, able to prioritize and meet deadlines effectively
- Ability to planning and problem solving, critical thinking and analytical skills
Required Skills and Experience
- Degree in business administration, development studies, media, or related fields.
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience in NGOs.
- Experience of working with youth, women or persons with disabilities.
- Proven experience in developing partnerships with youth organizations and groups.
- Experience of managing social media tools, and communications;
- Excellent spoken and written English and Arabic and communication skills.
Note: SDF supports gender equality and encourage qualified women to apply for the job.
Interested candidates are invited to send a cover letter, CV compatible with three references (in English) no later than 27 June 2018 at 16:00 (Local time) to the email [email protected] indicating the position (Project Coordinator) in the subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.