Location: Gaza Strip
Report to: program officer
project duration: 12 month
MA’AN is an independent Palestinian development and training institution established in January, 1989, registered by law as a non-profit organization. The main office is located in Ramallah and the other branch offices are located in Gaza, and Jenin. MA’AN's work is informed by the necessity of creating independent, self-reliant initiatives that lead to the development of human resources for sustainable development, which incorporate values of self-sufficiency and self-empowerment.
Currently, MA’AN has been working on implementing a project of “2018 Humanitarian Response Plan for the West Bank and Gaza-Humanitarian Preparedness and Response to Ensure the Access of Vulnerable Communities in Shokit Al Sofi to Basic WASH Services”. MA’AN Development Center is seeking a competent and highly qualified project coordinator to work in its office in Gaza. The coordinator will work under the direct supervision of MA’AN Program Officer.
The main tasks and responsibilities include:
- Preparation of detailed and effective project action plans.
- Execute the project according to the project plan to ensure the desired results are achieved, the most efficient resources are used and the different interests involved are satisfied.
- Manage project staff according to the established policies and practices of the organization
- Develop forms and records to document project activities
- Set up files to ensure that all project information is appropriately documented and secured
- Monitor the progress of the project and make adjustments as necessary to ensure the successful completion and achievement of results
- write the regular progress reports and any reports requested from direct supervisor
- Provide close follow up of expenditures to ensure the effective and appropriate utilization of funds
- Establish a communication schedule to update stakeholders including appropriate staff in the organization on the progress of the project
- Review the quality of the work completed with the project team on a regular basis to ensure that it meets the project standards
Essential Experiences and Competencies:
- Minimum 5 years of employment in the field of projects management
- Experience working within the NGO sector and a strong background in initiating and implementing programs.
- Good Knowledge and experience in the WASH sector
- Experience in the field of emergency preparedness is an advantage
- Good experience in Project Cycle Management.
- Highly organized, reliable attention to details and ability to work independently when needed.
- Excellent communication skills and inter-personal skills, and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues, partners and donors.
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, prioritize workload and multi-task.
- Mature work practices, highly motivated and demonstrate sound judgment.
- Fluency in both English & Arabic languages including both written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent reporting skills in both English & Arabic.
- Advanced computer literacy.
- Integrity and strong identification with MAAN Core Values
Education: at minimum a Bachelor's degree in relevant field.
Interested candidates are requested to send their cover letter and curriculum vitae including the names and contact details for three references by email to
please ensure that you state the title of the post that you are applying for as subject of your email. Deadline for submission Must be delivered before 04:00 PM on Saturday 31th March 2018.