Sakiya | Art | Science | Agriculture is an international Art/Science/Agriculture residency program based in Ein Qiniya/ Ramallah with a mandate to bring international and local practitioners together for academic, artistic, and ecological interventions to bridge fading local traditions of self-sufficiency with contemporary ecological practices. Sakiya’s long-term approach maintains that through integrating farming and agrarian heritage into the fabric of contemporary arts and sciences, both sectors can be enriched.
Job Title: Project Coordinator
Duration of Job: 14 months and 10 days
Target Hiring Date: April 1, 2018
Job Closing Date: March 17th, 2018
Sakiya | Art | Science | Agriculture is seeking to recruit a project coordinator for its project “Under the Tree II”. The project is supported through “Visual Arts: A Flourishing Field” (VAFF) project, an A. M. Qattan Foundation project funded by the Consulate General of Sweden represented by the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (Sida). The job will be based at Sakiya office and residency space in Ein Qiniya with regular field visits to partners in different cities and villages in the West Bank. The description of this position is as follows:
Detailed Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Management of Sakiya projects- including monitoring and quality control of project delivery and impact, promotion of best practice.
- Develop the annual work plans and budget with the director and accountant.
- Coordinate the process of preparing all communications and publicity materials and manage website and social media in close coordination with the director, relevant staff, partners, artists, and advisory committee members.
- In coordination with accountant and director ensure full compliance for financial aspects of funded projects, including appropriate tender, procurement, payment, financial reporting and financial documentation.
- Provide logistical and administrative support in events, meetings, workshops, field visits, and take meeting minutes photographs, and prepare relevant reports.
- Represent the project and its activities in a positive and professional manner.
- Fulfillment of donor narrative reporting on all funded
- Ensure that all databases are updated and classified in an easily accessible form both electronically and in hard copies where needed.
- Ensure that all work related records and materials are archived and filed in an easily accessible, safe and well classified form, both electronically and in hard copies where needed.
- Any other work-related tasks.
-University degree in cultural management, architecture, agriculture, business administration, or any related field in the human sciences.
-At least 5 years of work experience in cultural or agricultural administration or other relevant field.
-Interest in the arts and culture scene in Palestine, and the region at large.
-Interest in environmental ecological practices and agriculture in Palestine and the region at large.
-Interest in working with diverse groups such as community members, village council, youth, school children, artists, specialized labor, etc.
-Excellent Arabic and English language skills both spoken and written.
-Proven record in report writing in both Arabic and English.
-Excellent knowledge and command of Microsoft Office computer programs.
-High communication and networking skills, and the ability to work efficiently within a team.
-Excellent time management skills and ability to attend to details.
Applicants should send their CV in English through Apply Now button below by Saturday March 17, 2018, with 3 traceable references and a cover letter that includes justification of interest.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Sakiya | Art | Science | Agriculture is supported by the A. M. Qattan Foundation through the ‘Visual Arts: A Flourishing Field’ Project, funded by the Consulate General of Sweden represented by the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (Sida).