Project Assistant (Limb Reconstruction)
Post: Full time
Under the supervision of the MAP’s Programme Manager, Gaza, the post-holder will support the data collection and other related duties of the Limb Reconstruction project in Gaza.
Duties and key responsibilities
Patient Data Management
- To work closely with the Head of the limb reconstruction services and his team to maintain the central patient database
- To collect data of patients from Ministry of Health Hospitals and any other hospitals that hosted limb injuries during the Great Return Marches (EQ-5D-5L, Ortho Plastics Assessment Form, Consent Form, and any other related data forms)
- To liaise with the patients to ensure timely and appropriate follow up
- To ensure that the central patient database is updated and shared with the relevant stakeholders
Supporting training and capacity building
- To liaise with the local staff and using the appropriate channels of communication to inform the international medical teams of the training requirements
- To arrange all the necessary logistics in the hospitals for the international medical missions
- To ensure that lessons learnt during the medical missions are incorporated into everyday practice at the units and standardized
- To ensure that information captured during the educational seminars are recorded and disseminated.
Equipment and inventory
- With the help of the other Project Assistant, perform the monthly inventory count of the available stock at EGH and Shifa.
- Liaise with MoH and ICD on the release of the donated equipment, implants and prepare the required donation certificates as needed.
- Maintain flexibility to take on added responsibility as and when needed
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function with or without reasonable accommodation. Travel between hospitals and long field hours are expected.
- Carry out other associated duties as may arise in line with the broad remit of the position.
- Support and promote diversity and equality of opportunity in the workplace.
- Work collaboratively with others in all aspects of our work.
- Be flexible and carry out other associated duties as may arise, develop or be assigned in line with the broad remit of the position.
- Maintain and improve competencies through continuous professional development.
- Abide by organisational policies, codes of conduct and practices.
Treat with confidentiality any personal, private or sensitive information about individual organisations and or clients or staff and MAP data.
- Experience in data collection, preferably from hospitals and other health facilities
- Experience in working in a multidisciplinary health setting, either in a hospital or a primary healthcare clinic
- Extensive experience of using a health information management system and preferably some experience in training others on information management
- Experience in effectively dealing with multidisciplinary staff; and ability to work with a broad spectrum of people
Skills and abilities
- Strong negotiation, interpersonal and organization skills
- Ability to exercise sound judgment
- Ability to communicate with crowds and patients politely
- Must have excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Must have excellent self-motivation skills
- Strong writing skills and proficient in Microsoft Word, and Excel
- Fluent in Arabic and very good working knowledge of English
- A nursing degree; or any other related health degree. Understanding of limb injuries is a plus.
Personal attributes and other requirements
- Commitment to anti-discriminatory practice and equal opportunities.
- Able to work flexibly in emergencies and to meet specific deadlines including some evenings and weekends.
Candidates should download and fill the application form and Equal Opportunities form at the following link: https://www.map.org.uk/jobs/gaza-office