Company Introduction & Project Context
A consortium led by Ecorys Netherlands, in consortium with Arab World for Research and Development (AWRAD), has been contracted to implement the “Strengthening of the monitoring and evaluation system of the Palestinian Ministry of Social Development (MoSD)” project, funded by the European Union. The project’s main purpose is to support the MoSD in building an effective and sustainable monitoring and evaluation (M&E) system for its strategies, policies and programmes. The project started in May 2021 and will run till October 2022.
The Project seeks a qualified, competent and efficient Project Assistant to work with Key Experts, housed within the Ministry of Social Development
Key Dimensions of the Role
- Provide overall logistical, administrative and secretarial support to project key and non-key experts as required;
- Assure administrative management according to the EU rules, including timely and high-quality EUD approvals: Official submission and support to preparation of requests (ToRs, NKE utilisation requests, Timesheets, Incidental Budget use, non-working day work approvals, etc.)
- Understand and apply EU procurement requirements and compile relevant documentation;
- Manage filing and archiving of project documentation (including online archiving), correspondance as well as maintaining a file index of all project outputs per file
- Other (non-technical) file storage and archiving (Contractual documents, project reports, official client communication and notifications, etc.)
- Manage office assets, stores and supplies
- Assist with confirmation of expert availability and mobilisation tasks including (Flights, Accommodation, Logistics)
- Follow up on issues as instructed by Team Leader and PM
- Organise and coordinate Project meetings (sending invitations, taking of minutes at all meetings, etc.);
- Provide secretarial support to training workshops, seminars, meetings and related activities, inlcuding: booking premises; confirming logistic arrangements; confirming attendees; arranging accomodation; arranging transport; arranging equipment, arranging catering/refreshments; etc.;
- International and national expert support: booking flights, hotels, airport pick-ups, transport, translation services, etc.
- Handle logistic arrangements in connection with field visits, including setting up of meetings, booking of accommodation and transport, etc.
- Act as Security Focal Point: briefing all experts and support staff about ongoing security risks and mitigation measures
- Proofread all official outputs for English and/or Arabic grammar and spelling
- Provide ad-hoc English/Arabic (verbal) interpretation services during official meetings, meetings with non- English speaking local stakeholders and at project events when needed
- Provide support to KEs regarding collection of data and information for the project, and coordinating and obtaining Ministry’s staff feedback on documents and presentations produced by the KEs
- Provide ad-hoc English/Arabic (written) translation services for documents, regulations, training, information and written materials when needed
- Preparing graphs, charts, diagrams, tables, and schematic graphics for project documents as per KEs instructions (e.g. for reports, proposals, power point presentations, etc.)
- Conduct routine office duties, such as photo copying, sending and maintenance of files and documents.
- Support in managing of office budget: handling cash payments, tracking expenses, daily accounting registry, managing communication
- Support in managing the incidental budget: approval requests, tracking expenditure, paying out per diems to experts, filing and archiving of all invoices, receipts, etc.
- Keep records and account of all reimbursable expenditure and invoicing by updating the project budget sheet and monitoring budget use against implementation
- Apply procurement procedures including securing mutliple quotes and supporting public tender procedures where required;
- Maintance of Financial files and supporting documentation;
- Facilitation of expenditure verification activities.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Qualifications & Experience
Qualifications: The post requires a candidate with the following educational qualifications:
- A higher education degree or equivalent educational qualification, preferably in public administration, political science, social science, international relations, business administration, economics.
Experience: The post requires a candidate with the following level of professional experience:
- Minimum two years hands-on experience and proven track record in providing administrative, secretarial and financial support to a similar project/business;
- Experience working with a government Ministry will be of added value;
- Previous experience of working in the social sector, with the Ministry or Social Development and/or social services providers, will be of added value;
- Experience in a previous EU supported programme will be of added value.
Skills: The post requires a candidate who can demonstrate through their previous employment record and references the following skills and competencies:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English;
- Full Computer Literacy;
- Experience with graphic design of documents and presentations will be of added value;
- Demonstrable administrative competency;
- Exemplary attention to detail;
- Self-motivated and strong team player with ability to prioritise workload whilst being flexible in your approach
- Ability to operate in fast paced environment and cope with seasonal pressure points.
- Experience with the European Union’s procedures for accounting and recording of Incidental Expenditures as required by the Practical Guide for EU procedures will be of added value.
Interested applicants should send a one-page letter of interest and CV to [email protected], please refer in the subject to the job title “Project Assistant”. The shortlisted applicants will be contacted on rolling basis for interviews or additional materials, which may include requests for references or a sample of previous work.
For additional information or clarification please contact us at [email protected]. Only written correspondence will be entertained and answered.
The deadline for applications is on Friday 11 June, 2021 at 16:00.