Job Title: Project Assistant, Feedback and Response Mechanism (FRM)
Location: Gaza City
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is the international humanitarian relief and development agency of the Catholic community in the United States and has been present in Jerusalem, West Bank, and Gaza (JWBG) since 1961. In JWBG, currently supports programs in the sectors of humanitarian relief, livelihoods, civil society strengthening, and social justice promotion through its field offices in Jerusalem, Gaza, and Bethlehem. For further information about CRS, please visit: www.crs.org.
CRS is committed to ensuring that all project stakeholders, especially participants in CRS projects and members of the communities in which we work, are able to communicate directly with CRS, and that we receive and respond to their feedback in a timely and appropriate manner. To do so, CRS operates a robust Feedback and Response Mechanism (FRM) with a range of communication channels (e.g. toll-free phone line, email address, etc.).
The FRM Project Assistant will provide service in the day-to-day delivery of a responsive, effective and efficient feedback and response mechanism in Gaza, in support of the Catholic Relief Services’ (CRS) mission to serve the poor and vulnerable. The FRM Project Assistant will provide consistent and high-quality service receiving, documenting and forwarding feedback, thus contributing to the proper stewardship of project resources to help ensure operational effectiveness in support of high-quality programming.
Roles and Key Responsibilities:
- Follow CRS FRM Standard Operating Procedures and data protection principles, ensuring all feedback collected from project participants and other stakeholders is kept confidential. Uphold CRS’ commitment to safeguarding and the CRS fraud policy.
- Receive, comprehensively document and forward incoming feedback for CRS in Gaza. Provide specialized FRM administrative actions and processes (e.g. translate, type, proofread, record and transcribe, draft simple messages).
- Compile data perform data entry and data verification in relation to FRM processes.
- Support the categorization for each feedback case by comparing information of the person providing feedback to CRS feedback categories. Accurately categorize sensitive feedback that must be communicated immediately to the CRS Country Representative.
- Facilitate communication with project focal points, relevant staff in other departments, and external stakeholders as relevant to the FRM in Gaza. Ensure familiarity with up-to-date answers to project specific Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) to respond to requests for information received through the FRM.
- Assist project staff in communicating responses to feedback to project participants and other stakeholders when requested. Contribute to preparing weekly and monthly reports of non-sensitive feedback.
- Support CRS Gaza staff by undertaking other tasks as appropriate and required (e.g. data entry, remote data collection, MEAL tasks, and administrative tasks).
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- High School Diploma required. Professional Diploma/Certificate or courses in Administration a plus.
- Experience working in an office environment in a clerical or administrative role. Experience with a local or international NGO a plus.
- Experience with typing/word processing, data entry into online databases and forms, and working with various office equipment.
- Experience in MS Office package (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio) and information management systems. Proficient in Word. Familiarity with ICT-based data management systems (e.g. CommCare) a plus.
- Demonstrated understanding of accountability to project participants and communities; commitment to data protection and confidentiality.
Required Languages – Arabic and English
Travel – Office-based position in Gaza; project or country level meetings outside of Gaza anticipated on occasion.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Good time management skills with ability to work on multiple tasks
- Strong customer service orientation with good communication and interpersonal skills
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions oriented and results-oriented
- Analysis and problem-solving skills with ability to make sound judgment
- Attention to details, accuracy and timeliness in executing assigned responsibilities
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset
- Accountability & Stewardship
Supervisory Responsibilities: none
Key Working Relationships:
Internal: FRM focal points, MEAL and ICT4D staff; Country Representative; the Head of Office and Head of Operations; relevant project colleagues in the West Bank, as needed, and other programming and operations staff in the Country Program.
External: Project participants and other stakeholders in the communities CRS supports; CRS project partners.
***Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS' talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Interested candidates with relevant education and work experience are invited to complete an application which addresses the positions requirements. In order to be considered for the position, candidates must submit both a CV and a cover letter, in English. Applications which fail to meet these requirements will not be considered. Applications must be submitted online at jobs.crsjwbg.org. This posting will remain open until filled, however, submission by submission by Sunday, November 29, 2020 is strongly advised.