Human Appeal is an international UK-based humanitarian relief & development organisation working in many countries worldwide to abolish poverty by providing humanitarian aid, sustainable development programs and championing advocacy for our beneficiaries worldwide.
Human Appeal is seeking a qualified candidate to fulfill the following vacancy in Palestine field office – Gaza:
Position Ref.: HA/P/1-2020
The Project Assistant will be one of Human Appeal’s team members who will support the implementation of the WASH projects by closely supervising the implementation of construction and maintenance activities, ensuring adherence to quality standards agreed in the BoQs and contractor agreements.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Supervise the maintenance and rehabilitation works to public water wells in line with BoQ.
- Supervise the construction of stormwater inlets and effluent concrete structure
- Supervise the delivery and distribution of chlorine solution to CMWU’s water wells, networks, and desalination plants.
- Supervise the reconstruction of stormwater WASH facility in Beach Refugee Camp.
- Provide technical input and support to field workers and contractors to ensure adherence to best engineering practices in the field.
- Pay day-to-day field visits and submit daily and weekly reports to Programmes Team.
- Supervise water quality through monitoring and testing water for residual chlorine and ensure test reports are kept on record
- Develop bill of quantities, drawings and specifications for civil and water infrastructure works.
- Carry out technical assessment and inspection for water and sanitation facilities
- Supervise the implementation of small to medium scale brackish water desalination plants
- Proactively participate in sample/material inspection/evaluation committees to ensure that all materials match the quality specifications as detailed in the BoQs.
- Perform any other related tasks required by the Line Manager.
What we’re looking for in our Project Assistant:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or any other related major from an accredited university.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience supervising WASH infrastructure projects.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience in non-profit working environment.
- Integrity and commitment to Human Appeal’s core values.
- Knowledge of WASH sector needs and capacities.
- Excellent project management skills in water and sanitation.
- Excellent verbal and written English and communication skills and inter-personal skills, and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues and all stakeholders.
- Problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, prioritise workload and multi-task.
- Mature work practices, highly motivated and demonstrate sound judgment.
- Ability to work on their own and/or part of a team.
- Advanced AutoCAD for Windows skills
- Advanced computer literacy skills
This would be an ideal role for someone looking to make a difference in a rewarding role within the Charity Sector!
We are looking to appoint this role ASAP so for the best chance of success please APPLY TODAY!
Qualified candidates should send the following:
- An updated CV in English, please name the file (CV – FULL NAME), including three professional references
- A one-page cover letter in English detailing why you are the best candidate for this job. Please name the file (CL – FULL NAME)
Job applications should be emailed to [email protected] no later than 8th March 2020
Please indicate the job title “Project Assistant” in the email subject.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.