Working efficiently, effectively and in a spirit of partnership, we support people and societies in developing, countries in shaping their own futures and improving living conditions. This is what the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) is all about. As a federally owned enterprise, we support the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. We are also engaged in international education work around the globe.
The programme “Transitional Aid East Jerusalem” focuses on strengthening the resilience of young people in East Jerusalem through support to formal and informal educational institutions and providing practical trainings amongst others. The project is currently in a pilot phase; hence the job description might need to be adapted over time.
In order to support the intervention area of TVET, we are looking for a full-time (100%)
Tasks and Functions include but are not limited to:
- Managing an area of responsibility that forms part of the programme objectives, team agreements and/or agreements with the superior
- Deals with project/programme initiatives to provide professional advisory services to and cooperate with a broad range of target groups.
- Innovation and knowledge management.
- Responsible of M&E related issues (Questionnaires, indicators and other measurements) for the activities related to TVET
Advising the partner institution(s)
- Deals with the design, preparation and implementation of Multi-dimensional Capacity Development / measures such as workshops, seminars and other events on issues connected with the project’s area of activity.
- Develops and organises quality assurance measures and suggests necessary changes, improvements and initiatives
Networking and cooperation
- Maintain database of the project’s gallery for all the accomplished activities.
- Follow-up on the media coverage documentation for all the accomplished activities.
- Cooperates with local communities, relevant organisations, non-governmental agencies and individuals in the project/programme environment and with other projects to improve and maintain good working relationships.
- Close internal cooperation within GIZ, mainly within the Cluster Sustainable Economic Development (SED)
- Assist in Developing and organizing quality assurance measures and suggesting necessary changes, improvements and initiatives along with the team members.
- Assist in Monitoring the development and implementation of programme plans and activities as well as reviewing reports and documents and identifying bottlenecks and recommendations along with the team members.
- Support in Preparation and implementation of capacity development workshops
- Support in designing, preparing and implementing of activities
- Consultation with service providers such as artists, trainers, entertainers, transport companies etc.;
- Responsible for possible cooperation with local/regional partners in order to achieve the projects goal.
- Responsible for partners contracts follow-ups, preparing proposals, detailed initial budget and following up the payments follow-ups along with the Admin colleagues.
- Responsible for writing TOR (Terms of reference) for all the needed consultants, appraisals .. etc. and Follow-up on their final deliverable assurance.
- Responsible for coordination with relative service providers, planning, organizing and monitoring all aspects of events and activities;
- Production of detailed concepts for events and activities, including timelines, venues, suppliers, legal obligations, staffing and budgets;
- Responsible about the Following-up on all the M&E of the programme activities and with partners;
- Assist in any other related task.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Required qualifications, competences and experience
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in social or economic sciences, sport sciences or a related field.
- Able to support the implementation of relevant and innovative concepts, cooperating with representatives of government institutions, universities and NGOs.
- Relevant experience of working in international cooperation or/and in a youth related context is a precondition.
- Conceptual and educational skills to implement the programme.
- Experience with GIZ structures and processes are an important asset.
- Experiences in administration.
- Knowledge in the field of sport for development and sport structures are an asset.
- Ability to work in teams, good communication and networking skills, flexibility and passion about sport.
- Ability to travel within the Palestinian Territories and to Jerusalem.
- Fluent Business English skills; fluent German, Hebrew and Arabic skills are an asset.
- Utmost flexibility in terms of personality is required as the job description will be adapted according to needs.
Assignment: ASAP for 12 months contract with possible extension.
GIZ is an equal opportunity employer, and offers an attractive and challenging working environment with opportunities for skill enhancement.
A complete application must be submitted in English to the following address: [email protected], which includes the applicant information form, CV and cover letter, no later than 19th of March 2020.
Kindly state in the email subject “Project Advisor - TVET”. Any deficiency in the application will NOT be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Attachment GIZ applicant information form