Working efficiently, effectively and in a spirit of partnership, we support people and societies in developing, transition and industrialized countries in shaping their own futures and improving living conditions. This is what the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) is all about. As a federally owned enterprise, we support the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. We are also engaged in international education work around the globe.
With the project “E-Governance in the Palestinian Territories”, GIZ aims to improve the provision of user-centered, inclusive, digital local services and participation formats as well as to enhance knowledge building and exchange on e-governance approaches in the MENA region.
In order to support the regional component of the project, we are looking for a full-time (100%)
“Project Advisor- regional Cooperation”
Tasks and Functions include but are not limited to:
- Coordinates the planning, implementation and monitoring of project activities in the intervention area of regional knowledge building and exchange on e-governance approaches.
- Coordinates the preparation and management of regional events (e.g. logistics, agenda design, finding external experts to provide innovative facilitation, inspirational input and case studies).
- Coordinates the design and implementation of innovative formats for regional knowledge building and exchange such as hackathons and internship programmes.
- Supports the development, design and translation (Arabic/English) of publications and invitation packages (e.g. press releases, promotional materials, invitation letters).
- Promotes the development and maintenance of links and networks between public institutions, civil society and actors of the innovative ecosystem in Palestine and the MENA region.
- Supports cooperation and regular dialogue with partners and other relevant stakeholders in the project environment to improve and maintain good working relationships.
- Coordinates the contributions of national and international consultancy firms and experts.
- Supports procurement and contracting processes for goods and services in line with GIZ’s processes, rules and regulations.
- Ensures timely delivery of outputs and actively contributes to knowledge management.
- Prepares appropriate input for various project reports required by the management and GIZ head office.
- Ensures synergies with other GIZ projects locally and within the MENA region.
- Contributes to project related PR and the documentation of learning experiences for internal and external dissemination and presentation of the project.
- Performs other duties and tasks at the request of management.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- University degree in public administration, business administration, political science, communications, or any related field of study.
- At least 5 years of experience in a similar position.
- Proven experience in managing and facilitating international events.
- Proven experience in communications, coordination and financial management.
- Preferable experience: digitalization and innovation, establishment and management of exchange networks.
- Experience in the work with international development organizations.
- Very good working knowledge of ITC technologies and computer applications (e.g. MS Office, InDesign, Premiere, Illustrator).
- Friendly and motivated personality, tech savvy and interested in creative and innovative solutions.
- Excellent networking and communication skills, team- and service-oriented work style.
- Ability to work in a complex environment under stressful conditions with people of different backgrounds.
- Excellent command of spoken and written English and Arabic, command of German is an asset.
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management.
- Ability to have frequent travels within the MENA region.
Assignment: starting 1st of March 2020. One-year contract with possible extension.
GIZ is an equal opportunity employer and offers an attractive and challenging working environment with opportunities for skill enhancement.
A complete application must be submitted in English to the following address:
[email protected], which includes the attached applicant information form, CV and cover letter, no later than Thursday February, 27th 2020 at 4:00pm.
Kindly state in the email subject “Project Advisor- regional Cooperation”. Any deficiency in the application will NOT be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Attachment GIZ applicant information form