About Burj AL Luqluq
Burj Al-Luqluq Social Center Society was established in the year 1991 and has been servicing Jerusalem community within the Old City Walls for almost 30 years.
Burj Al-Luqluq Social Center Society is a Palestinian non-governmental organization that works on translating funds into programs and projects by providing quality, efficient and effective services aimed to enhance the positive impact on the economical, cultural and social level for the local community in old city of Jerusalem in response to the needs of their citizens.
It was established to achieve efficiency, reform and transparency as part of the effort to build an independent citizens.
Al Hamawi Educational and Community Center Project was started in 2014 through a generous donation from IECD as a place of learning and living together, with the mission to help young Palestinians in the Al Aizarieh area to evolve in a peaceful and stimulating environment through academic, extracurricular and personal development activities; to promote and create awareness on mental health and psychological well-being among beneficiaries and their families; to foster culture, music and arts; to support the Al Aizarieh community through social initiatives in pursue of the common good.
Burj AL Luqluq is seeking highly skilled staff to be hired for the above-mentioned project
Position Title: Project Accountant (Part Time)
# of Position Available: 1
Place: Al Eizareya
Reports To: Project Manager
Period: 12 Months
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the Project Manager and under supervision of financial auditor in the main office, for budget follow up, proposed budget reallocations, cash forecast and other issues related to purchases.
- Managing the project budget-by-budget formulation, controlling allocations, monitoring expenditures, and preparing revisions according to the needs of the projects.
- Recording and book keeping of financial transactions includes payments, receipts and another journal entries.
- Prepare payment requests and get the needed approvals. This entails control of supporting documentation for vouchers/invoices and checking for correctness of expenditure lines and budget project codes against which the payment requests are issued.
- Timely and accurate preparation of financial reports, in compliance with the financial obligations stated in the signed partnership agreement.
- Maintain up to date archiving system for the financial reports, and staff work contracts. (both soft and hard copies).
- Prepare Monthly Cash flow forecasts and the bank reconciliation.
- Ensures the effective recording and reporting system, internal control and audit follow-up and processes administrative and financial transactions in an accurate and timely way.
- Ability to handle different budget formats including matching activities with actual expenses alongside with vouchers and other supporting documents.
- Perform any other financial tasks that could be required.
- Other duties and tasks related to the human resources.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Academic and Professional Qualifications and Experience
- University degree in accounting.
- Minimum 5 years’ relevant experience in similar position.
- Experience in using the accounting system (i.e., Audit).
- Experience in working with local NGOs.
- Knowledge of MS Office, particularly Excel.
- Excellent reporting and formal writing skills in both English & Arabic.
- Ability to prepare financial plans and financial analysis.
- Ability to work under pressure and within a team.
- Able to work under pressure and able to work within a team.
Interested candidates must submit a cover letter highlighting relevant work and a CV/Resume. The cover letters and CVs must be submitted to [email protected] . The email subject line must include the title of the position (Accountant - Eizareya ). The closing date for applications is August 4th 2021.