Work location: Jerusalem, Old City
Full-time position, 6 months
Burj Al-Luqluq Social Center society (BALL) established and is operating since 2016 a Ceramic Laboratory, as a small business and a training center:
The laboratory is in Jerusalem, inside Burj Al-LuqlUq’ community center in Bab Hutta, Old City.
The Laboratory’ work includes:
- Producing uniquely designed handmade ceramic products for the market;
- Developing the capacities of local youth to become skilled ceramists, by offering them quality vocational trainings. The trainings usually lasts 6 to 9 months, for groups of 4 to 6 students. The trainings includes both theory and practice related to ceramic’ history, design, decoration, shaping, finishing, firing, etc - using different techniques, tools and materials. As part of the training, the students are also expected to join and contribute to events and markets to promote their work, and the Laboratory, under the Trainer’ guidance.
- Participating in ceramic-themed public events/markets; organizing ceramic-themed short courses or workshops for privates.
- BALL is looking for an experienced CERAMIC TRAINER who, in close coordination with BALL’ team, will:
- supervise and contribute to the ceramic handicraft’ production;
- Implement vocational training on ceramic (beginner/intermediate level)
- supervise and contribute to the organization of ceramic-themed events.
The successful candidate is expected to:
- Regarding ceramic production:
- Cooperate with the BALL’ team for keeping track of ceramic orders received and planning of ceramic handicraft’ production, updating the inventory of pieces, etc
- Supervise the production work in the Laboratory, and when necessary, contribute to it.
- Contribute to developing new/customized ceramic designs
Regarding ceramic trainings (TVET):
- Supervise and participate in the selection of the students.
- Update lesson plans and conduct the classes (average 3 days/week) in the Laboratory. Encourage students’ active participation and team building.
- Observe the students’ progress; conduct initial and final examination according to set criteria. Provide guidance to each student when needed.
- Timely and regularly complete the documentation of the training (attendances, lessons reports, etc).
- Maintain an orderly classroom, conducive to creativity and learning. Select ceramics supplies and materials according to needs and budget, and coordinate with BALL team for the procurement.
Regarding ceramic public events and private workshops:
- In close cooperation with BALL’team, contribute to identify, plan and organize the events and the workshops.
- Encourage and supervise the most experienced students in actively participating in the public events (markets, etc).
- Conduct workshops and short courses for privates; supervise and accompany the most experienced students in progressively join this activity.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Education, Experience and Competence:
- Proven at least 3 years experience in designing and autonomously creating different types of ceramic handicrafts, with different techniques
- Proven solid previous experience in planning and leading courses/trainings/vocational trainings related to ceramics’ art and handicrafts production.
- Excellent Arabic language is required; working level of English (spoken/written) is an important asset.
- Preferred: BA or equivalent level degree in Arts and related fields.
- Preferred: previous experience working as part of / managing small businesses. Knowledge of marketing, communication, entrepreneurship principles and processes are an important asset.
- Preferred: previous experience working or volunteering with community-based organizations, NGOs or INGOs in youth empowerment, socio-economic empowerment projects.
- Excellent social skills and ability to work as part of a team, adopt a consensus based approach and work effectively through others.
- Show respect and sensitivity for cultural differences. Treat others with respect and consideration, regardless of their status or position. Give and welcome feedback. Fully respect the child protection and PSEA policies of BALL.
المسمى الوظيفي مدرب سيراميك
آخر موعد للتقديم 30 - Jan - 2022
نوع الوظيفة دوام كامل
المستوى المهني متوسط الخبرة
الدرجة العلمية البكالوريوس
الخبرة 3 Years
Those who find themselves highly qualified should send their CV to [email protected] with a letter of recommendation and cover letter till 30/1/2022.
نصيحة من جوبس لحمايتك : عند التقدم لاية وظيفة عن طريق الانترنت، لا تقم بإعطاء معلومات بطاقة الأعتماد او أية معلومات بنكية / مالية لصاحب عمل.
آخر الوظائف المعلنة بواسطة جمعية برج اللقلق المجتمعي
Project Manager - Al-Izaryeh
معلمة رياضيات - العيزرية
16, Dec, 2021
Project Accountant - Al Eizareya
1, Aug, 2021
معلم/ة تربية خاصة
19, May, 2021
معلم عبري متخصص
17, May, 2021
15, Jan, 2020
9, Dec, 2019