About the EJ-YMCA:
The East Jerusalem YMCA (referred to as EJ-YMCA) is a Christian not-for-profit non-governmental Palestinian Organization, established in 1948 and legally registered at the Palestinian Authority. The EJ-YMCA runs different programs including the Rehabilitation Program (EJYMCA-RP). Since 1989, the EJYMCA-RP has been operating all over the West Bank including East Jerusalem. It targets survivors of political violence and persons with disabilities, focusing on children, young people, within the age group of 6-25, and their caregivers. It follows a holistic approach to rendering a rehabilitative package for its beneficiaries. The EJYMCA-RP operates towards realizing its vision “Towards a free and democratic Palestinian society where persons with disability and survivors of political violence obtain equal rights and opportunities and a decent life free of all types of violence, oppression, discrimination, and violation of individual and national rights”.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Prepares payments, journals and receipt vouchers and verifies supporting documents according to EJ-YMCA/Donor standard rules and regulations.
- Assists in preparing project budget.
- Manages and reviews projects’ related petty cash sheets across the districts.
- Prepares monthly Project related salaries and pay slips.
- Prepares financial reports, payment requests, to related Donor/Partner.
- Prepares monthly bank reconciliations.
- Engages in relevant procurements in coordination with procurement department.
- Keeps inventory records on project purchased goods according to Donor / Partner rules and regulations.
- Provides guidance on donors’ financial and procurement rules, regulations and procedures for relevant project Staff.
- Coordinates with project coordinators on financial issues.
- Prepares year-end adjusting entries.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Skills and competencies:
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office especially with Excel.
- Experience in using Bissan accounting system.
- Very Good in reading, writing and speaking both Arabic and English.
- Very organized and structured.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good attitude and ability to work in a team.
- Willingness to improve skills and knowledge.
- Resident of Bethlehem District.
Interested candidates are invited to upload the curriculum vitae and a letter of interest in English, by Sunday 17th of July 2022, to the following link,
Applications received after the closing date, will not be eligible. Only short listed candidates will be invited for interviews and a technical assignment.