Job Title: Programmes Coordinator
Reporting to: Operations & Programmes Manager/ Representative in WB
Location: Bethlehem- West Bank- HA Palestine Office
Contract period: 12 months fixed-term contract
Closing date: 20th January 2022
About Human Appeal
Human Appeal is a non-profit organisation working across the globe to strengthen humanity’s fight against poverty, social injustice and natural disaster. Through the provision of immediate relief and the establishment of self-sustaining development programmes, we aim to invest in real, effective solutions.
We work year-round to establish healthcare, water and sanitation- WASH, education, and livelihood programmes that pave the way for empowered, self-serving communities. We also provide food, medical aid, and disaster relief during emergencies, a critical intervention that saves lives.
Supporting the Operations & Programmes Manager/ WB representative (Line Manager) in the design, implementation, supervision, expansion / development and administration of overall programmes and ensure that projects are completed in a timely and effective manner in line with quality assurance, or any other tasks requested by the Operations & Programmes Manager/ WB representative.
Essential Job Responsibilities
Project implementation and development
- Assist the Programmes senior management team in the management of HA supported Programmes to ensure effectiveness, adherence to pre-defined objectives, and budgetary control to enhance coordination within departments and control over programmes.
- Lead and Participation in Humanitarian Needs Assessment and Proposal’s writing.
- Providing guidance and technical information on donor rules and regulations to programmes manager.
- Working closely with individuals and groups supporting the delivery of any activity, determine roles and responsibilities based on activity requirements and timeframes.
- Oversee the efficient administration of the project in terms of finances, consultant contracts, keeping of records/minutes and other administrative tasks as required.
- Ensure high quality programming in keeping with contractual commitments and human appeal standards. Coordinate overall sector programme portfolio to ensure key performance indicators are met and programme impact is in line with strategy.
- Oversee the respect of the overall project cycle management for the different projects / programs and ensure the compliance with HI and donor management standards.
- Supervise the implementation of contracts and project activities to meet timelines and budget limits.
- Capacity to conceptualise programme interventions and to problem solve with the coordination of the programmes manager.
- Building capacity of team in overall design and quality of human appeal Programmes through encouragement, training and developing staff in effective management of the project cycle at all stages to enhance efficiency of working staff.
- Coordinate activities to ensure effective use of time and HA resources.
- Continually seek opportunities to increase key stakeholder understanding of the project and deepen stakeholder relationships by Communicating progress, risks, expectations, timelines and milestones to appropriate stakeholders so as to identify needs and evaluate understanding.
- Communicate with Marketing, Fundraising, Donor Care and Social Media teams to ensure our projects are effectively marketed.
- Attend cluster coordination meetings upon request of Line Manager, and providing regular reports to the Line Manager about these meetings.
- Communicate and coordinate with local partners according to Human Appeal Projects.
- Assess the suitability of proposals received for funding at the organization, and aid the programmes manager in securing project funding from institutional funders.
- Support the finance department by coordinating project budget’s as assigned by line manager and coordination with other departments within the organisation, where needed.
- Ensure implementation of the agreed-upon funding proposal and revise the proposal and budget over time, if required, based on input and feedback from key stakeholders.
- Oversee budgets for project costs and program expenditures. Work closely various stakeholders and financial supporters in developing, maintaining and ensuring adherence to budgets. This responsibility also includes reviewing grant proposals.
- Provide timely and high quality finance reports to the Programmes Manager on the results of the process.
Monitoring and Reporting
- Establish and maintain a usable and well-communicated schedule for all phases of the projects, ensuring effective Monitoring and Evaluation system.
- Ensure that the project is implemented according to plan from beginning to end and that agreed objectives have been met.
- Develop regular projects updates and timely narrative activity reports, as required.
- Ensure timely reporting from all Projects Functions (Finance, M&E, and Logistic).
- Conducting regular field visits to ensure effective implementation of projects activities.
- Compile reports and analyse data as necessary, in order to enhance senior management decision making.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Experience and Technical Competencies
- University degree in Business Management , or other related discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years successful project management experience in the humanitarian field, Ideal in INGOs
- Professional level using MS Office Suite
- High proficiency and Fluent in English, Arabic is an asset
- Advanced communication and interpersonal skills
We are looking to appoint this role ASAP so for the best chance of success please APPLY TODAY!
Please upload your CV and Cover Letter outlining how your experience, skills, qualification and professional background fit with the position requirements
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.