Programme Policy Officer on Fixed Term Contract NOB ( Gaza)
WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status or disability.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
These jobs are found in Country Offices (COs) and job holders report to a more senior Programme Policy Officer.
Job holders operate with a high degree of independence, manage more junior staff to ensure that programme and policy objectives are achieved in full. They are usually involved in a wide variety of programme and policy activities and analytical work, some of which may be of a considerable complexity. At this level job holders are expected to contribute to performance improvement.
To provide support to policy and programme activities that effectively meet food assistance needs.
- Contribute towards the development of a wide variety of projects, plans and processes, ensuring alignment with wider programme policies and guidance.
- Provide project management support to specific and defined programmes and projects of considerable size/complexity, such as unconditional food assistance, social behaviour change communication for nutrition, resilience and climate adaptation, among others, ensuring a coordinated approach with wider programmes that complies with WFP standards and procedures.
- Develop and coordinate data gathering, monitoring, and programatic reports, as well as lessons learned, ensuring that rigorous quality standards are maintained.
- Research and analysis a range of policy and operational issues to inform the development of policies, programmes, and activities in the Gaza Strip.
- Contribute to the preparation of accurate and timely reporting on programmes and activities that enable informed decision making and consistency of information presented to stakeholders. Provide evidence-based recommendations to the Head of Field Office and the Head of Programme, for the improvement of ongoing interventions and/or development of new projects.
- Liaise with internal and external counterparts to ensure effective collaboration, monitor ongoing projects and highlight potential risks to project delivery.
- Support the identification, development and management of potential partnerships to collaborative working leading to improved food assistance packages.
- Support the capacity building of WFP staff, partners and national government to prepare for and respond to food assistance needs, e.g. through providing inputs into training materials.
- Provide support and guidance to the field office's processes of Beneficiary's selection, Eligibility verification, and/or Retargetting exercises, to ensure the right people receive assistance.
- Lead the programme team in the field during Emergencies, ensuring that interventions are implemented as per WFP's and emergency's standards.
- Guide and supervise more Junior staff, acting as a point of referral, and supporting them with analysis and queries.
- Promote and support the learning process and exposure of the supervisees, thus enhancing the programme capacity, as well as internal and external collaboration, among the Field Office.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Advanced University degree in International Affairs, Economics, Nutrition/Health, Agriculture, Environmental Science, Social Sciences or other field relevant to international development assistance, or First University Degree with additional years of related work experience and/or trainings/courses.
Fluency (level C) in English and Arabic languages ( read and write)
How to apply:
Application guidelines for external candidates
- To view the job description and apply to a position, please follow the link next to ‘External candidates’
- Click on ‘Apply’
- Click on ‘Create an account
- Create a CV an upload online