About Human Appeal UK
Human Appeal UK is a non-profit organisation based in the UK – Manchester and working across the globe to strengthen humanity’s fight against poverty, social injustice and natural disaster. Through the provision of immediate relief and the establishment of self-sustaining development programmes, we aim to invest in real, effective solutions.
We work year-round to establish healthcare, water and sanitation- WASH, education, and livelihood programmes that pave the way for empowered, self-serving communities. We also provide food, medical aid, and disaster relief during emergencies, a critical intervention that saves lives.
Supporting the Senior Programmes Coordinator in the design, implementation of overall programmes and ensure that projects are completed in a timely and effective manner in line with quality assurance and meets the needs and satisfaction of beneficiaries. S/he would follow up the implementation of the projects completely under his/her supervision.
Essential Job Responsibilities
Support Programme Management
- Assist Senior Programmes Coordinator in Proposal’s writing, Project planning and Management of implementation sector projects to ensure that project activities are in line with HA’s mandate, policies, procedures and country strategy, as well as with donors requirements and national and international rules and guidelines.
- Follow up projects implementation either direct implementation and/or projects
- Undertake regular field/onsite visits to ensure technical support to Programmes staff and proper monitoring of the activities’ implementation in area of operation.
- Regularly prepare and update field reports for Projects on timely basis and maintain crucial project documents which track project progress.
- File all project documents in an appropriate database or library, and ensure that all documents are accurate and have been accepted by the Snr Programmes Coordinator.
- Closely watch the project schedule, monitor deadlines for each project task. Check regularly that every deadline is still possible, and report any potential delays to the Snr Programmes Coordinator to monitor programme schedule
- Assist with the development of training curriculum for the project and support quality assurance processes.
- Revise contracts and prepare agreements.
- Capacity building of partners if required.
- Monitor the projects to ensure that they are implemented according to plan from beginning to end and that the agreed objectives have been met.
- Assist the Senior Programmes Coordinator in preparing reports.
Organise project meetings
- Arrange meetings with the Senior Programmes Coordinator, subordinates staffs, volunteers and project stake-holders including community leaders of the target groups to evaluate performance and discuss future steps.
- Attend cluster coordination meetings upon request of Line Manager, and providing regular reports about these meetings.
- Communicate and coordinate with local partners according to Human Appeal Projects.
- Prepare and maintain expenditures plans, in line with project and budget documents to assure value for money of budget.
- Support finance department through coordination of the budget of each project and other departments within the Organisation.
- Ensure implementation of the agreed-upon funding proposal and revise the proposal and budget over time, if required, based on input and feedback from key stakeholders.
Identify problems or risk
- Support the ongoing monitoring and evaluation including recording data on events, participants and facilitators, following up with participants and maintaining filing systems.
- Identify any potential issues or risks that could affect the progression of the project. He/she wills communicate these items with the Senior Programmes Coordinator, and work to provide advisory support to project includes guidance on project startup, compliance reporting and documentation requirements and grant life cycle management.
- Develop and maintain appropriate contingency plans for all kinds of emergencies. Such plans are to be presented for approval of the Senior Programmes Coordinator and for inclusion in corporate emergency response mechanisms.
Monitoring and Reporting.
- Develop regular projects updates and timely narrative activity reports, as required.
- Ensure timely reporting from all Projects Functions
- Conducting regular field visits to ensure effective implementation of projects activities
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Experience and Competencies
- University degree in Engineering or other related discipline, with proved good record of project management.
- Minimum of 5 years of successful experience in the humanitarian and developmental fields, preferably in INGOs.
- Advanced computer literacy skills
- High proficiency in English, Arabic is an asset
- Advanced communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work on their own and/or part of a team, and under pressure
We are looking to appoint this role ASAP so for the best chance of success please APPLY TODAY!
Please upload your CV and Cover Letter outlining how your experience, skills, qualification and professional background fit with the position requirements by 14th September 2022
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.