National Erasmus+ Office (NEO) in Palestine announces the following vacancy for its office in Ramallah.
Title: NEO Programme Officer
Gross Salary: (Ranges from 1600- 1850 €) per month
Deadline for Applications: 15th May 2019
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Information and promotion activities.
- Assistance to potential applicants and to beneficiaries.
- Selection, monitoring and dissemination of Erasmus+ and former Tempus IV projects including through field visits.
- Support to the team of Higher Education Reform Experts (HEREs).
- Other higher education related activities.
- Work closely with project officers over the project implementation planning and cash flow projections;
- Prepare budget revision in close coordination with the NEO Director
- Ensure that financial records are backed up ;
- Work closely with EACEA finance team and internal and external auditors;
- Work closely with the NEO Director to implement, improve and maintain financial management policies, systems, structures, and procedures for the program ;
- Ensure the smooth day-to-day running of the finance office ;
- Plan and supervise work of the program-related finance staff ;
- Coordinate compiling of NEO monthly financial reports for submission to EACEA
- Timeliness in sending the accounting and administrative documents to EACEA
- Assist the director in the drafting of financial reports and proposals for projects to the donors for financial and administrative part
- Travel as necessary within the West Bank to ensure proper use of the budget
- Prepare draft contracts with stakeholders
- Works with the NEO Director, to assist in the consistent and accurate Human Resource administration/documentation, including personnel files, contracts, job descriptions, recruitment, insurance, disciplinary measures, annual leave and sickness records
- Follows work contracts and administrative records of national staff;
- Establishes an annual training plan after and analyzes individual assessments, taking into account the --- and mission strategy. And ensures its implementation;
- Ability to analyze and apply the right local labour and local administrative formalities;
- Knowledge of: Labour, Tax, Social, regulations for opt and Internal Controls;
- Implement the code of conduct and ensures its implementation.
- Responsible for taking and distributing meeting minutes
- Responsible for receiving and maintain proper inventory records of all project property
- Petty cash custodian, disburse petty cash according to NEO policy
- Prepare weekly petty cash reconciliation
- Monitor office supplies and stationary
- Assist the staff in organizing events and workshops
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Master of English Language, Business administration or any related field
- Strong command of English Language
- 5 years of experience, at least 1 year with EU projects
- Knowledge of the Palestinian Higher Education System
- Knowledge of the Palestinian Universities
Skills required for the position:
- Strong planning and coordination skills
- Financial background is preferable
- High level of technical reporting skills in English.
- Good interpersonal skills including the ability to listen and conflict resolution.
- An ability to work under pressure.
- Computer skills.
- Committed to NEO values and code of conduct.
1- Interested applicants may send their CVs with a covering letter to: [email protected]
2- For queries only, please phone: 02-2401882
Important notes to applicants:
- Should write in subject of email the position title you are applying for.
- CVs should and cover letter be sent no longer than 15th May 2019.