We are looking for a Programme Officer to join our Jerusalem team. You will be responsible for the implementation of Kvinna till Kvinna Palestine programming.
This is a fulltime position based in Jerusalem office in Beit Hanina with possibe regional and international travel.
Last day for applying is 15 February 2019
Kvinna till Kvinna and its operations
Kvinna till Kvinna provides support to women rights organisations and women human rights defenders in more than 20 countries in five regions around the world. Kvinna till Kvinna has established operations in the MENA region since 2001 with a regional office in Jordan, and country offices in Jerusalem, Beirut, Erbil and Tunis.
We currently support around 50 women’s rights organisations in the region. The program in Palestine and Israel started in 2002, and the office is based in East Jerusalem, Beit Hanina. Currently, the office consists of five persons: Head of the office, two Senior Programme officers, one Senior Finance Officer and one Finance/Administration officer.
Tasks and duties for the Program Officer position
As Programme Officer you will be a part of the Country Office team and work under the guidance of and report to the Senior Programme Officers.
You will be responsible for
- Implementation of Kvinna till Kvinna Palestine programming in dialogue with the Senior Programme Officers
- Independently organise workshops, exchange trips and capacity building support for partners (contact with consultants/ facilitators, develop ToR, communication with participants, note taking etc.)
- Support drafting of various programme documents such as annual reports, proposals etc.
- Support the Senior Programme Officers to partner organisations through the project cycle, including, i.e., review and follow up on applications, audits and reports, including PMEL.
- Maintaining a contextual understanding of organisations and trends within the women’s rights movement within Palestine and Israel;
- Carrying out interpretation/translation work when needed (minor);
- Performing other tasks in relation to the operations as delegated by the Senior Programme Officers or Head of Office.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Education and competencies
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Gender Studies, Political Science, Human Rights or any other related field;
- Minimum of two years of relevant work experience with women’s human rights, gender equality issues, women’s empowerment, women’s political activism and/or organisational development.
- Experience in project cycle management and planning, monitoring and evaluation.
- Experience of identifying and providing capacity building to local NGOs;
- Experience conducting assessments and drafting reports;
- Good understanding of human rights and the application of a rights-based approach in development cooperation;
- Professional written and oral communication skills in both Arabic and English. Oral and reading skills in Hebrew is an advantage
- Experience in working with a programme implemented by partner organisations is an advantage as Kvinna till Kvinna is a non-implementing organisation.
- Demonstrable ability to work independently as part of a small team
- Commitment to women’s rights and gender equality.
- Integrity and professionalism.
- Diligence and timeliness
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
Terms and conditions
Please also note that due to the nature of the work only women (legal and/or self-identified) applicants will be considered. Otherwise we strive for diversity.
The application must be in English and shall include a letter of motivation and CV. Send your application no later than Sunday 15th of February.
If you have any questions about the position or the recruitment process, please contact [email protected]