Kvinna till Kvinna provides support to women rights organisations and women human rights defenders. Kvinna till Kvinna started 1993 in the Western Balkans and has its Head Office in Stockholm. Kvinna till Kvinna has established operations in the MENA region since 2001 with a regional office in Jordan, and country offices in Palestine, and Lebanon and currently supports some 50 women’s rights organisations in the MENA region.
Kvinna till Kvinna is looking to recruit a Programme Officer (with country specific and regional tasks) based in Jerusalem; Beit Hanina.
As Programme Officer you are responsible for the following main tasks, variety of independence is depending on the seniority:
- Leading implementation of Kvinna till Kvinna Palestine programming in dialogue with management;
- Making appropriate recommendations on the programme’s progress and further development as requested;
- Supporting drafting of various programme documents;
- Maintaining a contextual understanding of organisations and trends within the women’s rights movement within Palestine and Israel;
- Leading support to partner organisations through the project cycle, including i.e., review and follow up on applications, audits and reports, including PMEL;
- Identifying and supporting capacity development efforts and organising experience exchanges, study trips and networking meetings to enhance quality programming and implementation as well as local ownership and sustainability;
- Carrying out interpretation/translation work when needed (minor);
- Performing other tasks in relation to the operations as delegated by the Head of Office
As Programme Officer you are part of the Country Office and report to the Head of Office Jerusalem. The assignment requires regional and international travel.
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Gender Studies, Political Science, Human Rights or any other related field;
- Minimum three years of relevant work experience with women’s human rights, gender equality issues, women’s empowerment, women’s political activism and/or organisational development.
- In-depth experience in project cycle management and in planning, monitoring and evaluation, and proven experience of identifying and providing capacity building to local NGOs;
- Experience conducting assessments and drafting reports;
- Good understanding of human rights and the application of a rights-based approach in development cooperation;
- Strong analytical skills and excellent written and oral communication skills in both Arabic and English as well as good grasp of excel and office package;
- Experience from regional and/or international work;
- Experience of activism and/or voluntarism
- Valid driving license
- Strategic thinking;
- Responsible, flexible, adaptable;
- Ability to prioritise and stay solution-focused;
- Responsiveness, integrity, and ability to handle stressful situations and peaks of intense work load;
Terms and conditions
Temporary position as a programme officer (full-time) covering a parental leave. Start of assignment mid-May 2018 until end of July 2019.
Please also note that due to the nature of the work only women (legal and/or self-identified) applicants will be considered.
Send your application no later than March 8th, 2018 to
Please write Programme Officer Palestine in the subject line. The application shall include a letter of motivation, CV, and salary request. Please answer the following questions in the letter of motivation:
- What do you find interesting in this position and what would be developing?
- Which of your experiences and knowledge would you use in this position?
If you have any questions regarding the position, please contact Linda Säll Regional Manager MENA, [email protected]. If you have any questions regarding the recruitment process, please contact Mirjam Warne, Acting head of HR, [email protected].