Save the Children is seeking a qualified candidate to fulfil the following vacancy in its Ramallah Office:
The role: The Programme Officer will oversee the implementation of designated SCI protection projects in the West Bank and East Jerusalem, in particular, to ensure the quality and effectiveness of programming in accordance with grant proposals and guidelines.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Key Area 1: Planning and capacity building
- Support, as needed, with the development of any new concept papers or proposals for projects under protection thematic area.
- Work closely with the direct supervisor and project partners to develop project plans, financial plans and monthly strategies and synergies.
- Liaise with each of the implementing partners and coordinate project activities to ensure that the activities in each results area are implemented in accordance with the project proposal and agreement.
- Ensure that the different components are integrated and that inputs, from as wide across sections as possible, are incorporated to facilitate successful implementation of the programme.
- Provide technical input into protection projects’ implementation; CPiE, Ex-detainees, PCIC, SIDA, and ensure quality and timely delivery of programme activities.
- Effective participation in protection thematic working group.
Key Area 2: Coordination, monitoring and reports:
- Coordination: closely coordinate with partners for programme activities, including relevant ministries; coordinate with finance, awards management and other support services, coordinate SCI technical assistance and capacity building activities of partners and coordinate and implement SCI direct implementation activities.
- Monitoring: Monitor project implementation against the established indicators detailed in the projects Logical Framework and implementation plans. Review partners reports (financial and narrative) and provide technical input to ensure accountable and quality reporting. Liaise with implementing partners to ensure the timely submission of project reports and that co-financing contributions are provided, as agreed upon in the project documents.
- Conduct field visits as required to verify project activities relative to stated targets. Managing and monitoring the day-to-day operations of the project.
- Monitoring the budget and track the actual expenditures versus the forecast.
- Monitor the procurement of goods and services for the project and ensure execution according to the rules and guidelines established by relevant donors.
- Maintain professional relationships with key relevant stakeholders to ensure quality implementation.
- Support the direct supervisor to draft reports for SC members and donors, ensures Partner’s timely submission of financial and narrative report and provides feedback on it.
- Ensure that communication with partners on all aspects of project activities is adequate, clear, professional and documented.
- Ensure adequate filing for the entire project documentation.
- Support the M&E in the development of M&E plans and support the implementation of it.
Key Area 3: Material Creation, Advocacy, Visibility
- Provide support and input into related advocacy work.
- Support the development and implementation of communication and visibility materials, coordinating with the partners and liaising with the Senior Communications Officer.
- Support the development and implementation of community-specific advocacy strategies, together with the Direct Supervisor.
- Ensure that all donor branding and visibility requirements are fulfilled.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- College/University education and basic knowledge in a professional field in which specialized training is required.
- 5 years experience in related field (protection) with progressively responsible experience.
- Uses specialist skills and knowledge developed through experience obtained on the job, in similar roles, or training specific to role, plus training or coordinating others in similar roles.
- Familiarity with the Child Protection sector in West Bank, referable prior experience with Child Protection Networks.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage a complex and diverse workload and to work to tight deadlines.
- A full appreciation of the value of co-operation, both internationally and within a team environment.
- Written and verbal fluency in Arabic and English
- In depth knowledge in CPMS, Sphere, CRC and previous experience in ToT and ER related trainings like (Emergency foundation course, Advance field training) and similar professional ER trainings.
- Relevant Master’s in human rights or international development is preferred.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 120 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the rights of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
CVs should be submitted to the following e-mail: [email protected], please make sure to include a cover letter and up-to-date CV. Please make sure to mention the position ref. in the subject. The selection committee will review all applications as they are received. All applicants must meet the minimum requirements described above, and those unable to meet these requirements will not be considered.
Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.