Medical Aid for Palestinians MAP-UK, works for the health and dignity of Palestinians living under occupation and as refugees. MAP is seeking to employ two highly skilled staff to be based at MAP’s Gaza office.
Programme Assistant (Procurement & Logistics)
Post: Full time
Under the supervision of the MAP’s Procurement officer, Gaza, the post-holder will provide procurement and logistics support To MAP’s office in Gaza
Duties and key responsibilities
- Support procurement officer in preparing tender document
- Interact with vendors when they buy the tender document and when they submit their bids. As necessary interact with contractors
- Interact with vendors during the collecting of quotations and ensure that venders understand MAP’s forms
- Assist the procurement officer in the price analysis
- Ensure that procurement document is filed according to MAP’s archiving system
- Follow up with partners to ensure timely delivery, obtain delivery notes and ensure the timely submission of invoices and receipts by the vendors
- As may needed, monitor the delivery of procured items at partners' or at MAP storages. Transport items and sign donation certificates.
- Ensure that the delivered items do meet the required specification and criteria
- Perform any other reasonable duties that deemed necessary as assigned by the direct line manager
Office logistics support
- Driving MAP staff and delegations from and to Erez, to their meetings and their residency places as requested.
- Provision of logistic support for MAP’s training including PTC & NLS, trauma, physiotherapy, general surgery etc.
- Ensuring that all office supplies are procured and delivered to MAP office; such as stationary, refreshments and other supplies
- Ensure that MAP car is well maintained and supplied with fuel regularly.
- Monitor MAP warehouses in Gaza, regular follow up on the status of the stored materials; supervise the safety, maintenance and cleanliness of warehouses and ensure readiness for release of goods during emergency situations. Regular check up on the expiry dates, support of relocating/ replacing the stored items as deemed necessary.
- Provide regular update on the status of MAP's warehouses to the Programme Manager and DoP, Gaza and obtain their approval prior to any release of items.
- Support fundraising and communication related activities as requested. This may include; case studies, photography, translation for UK colleagues during their visits to the field etc.
- Liaise with the programme team and national counterparts to facilitate project requirements as needed.
- Assist the finance staff in scanning, photocopying as may needed
- Support the mission, ethos and values of MAP.
- Carry out other associated duties as may arise in line with the broad remit of the position.
- Support and promote diversity and equality of opportunity in the workplace.
- Work collaboratively with others in all aspects of our work.
- Represent and be an ambassador for MAP.
- Demonstrated experience of logistics particularly the ones related to medical supplies
- Experience in procurement related activities such as; transferring tenders into tables, filling procurement document, market survey, collecting and checking delivery notes etc.
- Experience with an NGO, especially in an International one in similar function is desirable
- Media or communications related experience is desirable
Skills and abilities
- Organised self-starter, able to work alone or as part of a team.
- Ability to work under pressure and under difficult circumstances and occasionally during the weekend
- Respect/follow the applied security guidelines and keep the confidentiality of assigned tasks
- Good communication skills in English and Arabic
- Very good IT skills including excel and spreadsheets
- A university degree in business administration, management or other related field.
Personal attributes and other requirements
- Tact, polite, and able to handle difficult situations and solve problem
- Valid driving license and excellent awareness of traffic and road safety laws. familiar with different areas of Gaza Strip
- Understand the work of MAP and commitment to our mission and services
Candidates should download and fill the application form and Equal Opportunities form at the following link: