Programme Assistant (Nutrition)
Contract Type: Service Contract
Grade Level: SB3, Peg 1 = SC5
Duty Station: East Jerusalem
WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status or disability.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
These jobs are found in Country Offices (COs), The job holders typically report to a Programme Policy Officer or the designate.
At this level, job holders are responsible for the completion of a range of specialized and/or standardized processes and activities requiring some interpretation of standard guidelines and practices. Job holders are able to recommend a course of action to staff at various levels and may allocate tasks to other support staff. They work under minimum supervision, perform basic analyses and compile reports to support information consistency and smooth implementation of programmes/projects.
To perform specialized and/or standardized policy and programme-related processes and activities to support the effective delivery of assistance packages.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
Under the direct supervision of the Senior Programme Assistant, the incumbent s/m will be responsible for the following:
- Provide technical support and assist in the development and implementation of various nutrition related activities (such as Social Behavior Change and Communication, and School Intervention activities) and processes supporting alignment with wider programme policies and guidelines.
- Participate in in regular field visits and meetings to gather and verify information needed to understand the needs of the most vulnerable communities and targeted groups.
- Sensitize WFP’s beneficiaries and local communities on nutrition information and be able to answer any nutrition queries raised by the beneficiaries at the community level.
- Undertake standard data entry tasks in accordance with defined systems, to ensure information is organized and readily available.
- Support the management and implementation of the community level nutrition projects to ensure that the various nutrition activities are performed within the established targets following WFP’s policies and procedures.
- Prepare a range of reports by reviewing and interpreting analyzed data (e.g. project status, performance).
- Ensure and/or perform accurate, timely recording of data for the nutrition projects and ensure consistency of information presented to partners.
- Closely collaborate with functional units to support effective collaboration, implementation, and monitoring of ongoing project activities.
- Coordinate and connect with local partners, agencies, NGOs and government institutions to implement and follow up on community activities.
- Conduct regular monitoring and field visits to project sites for evaluating project efficiency, identifying problems, and instituting corrective measures.
- Other duties as required.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Nutrition, International Health and Nutrition, Public Health and Nutrition Policy and Management, Family Health and Nutrition, or Food Technology. Advanced degree is an asset.
- At least five years of experience working in the field of nutrition.
- Good Working experience with Government and various other sectors.
- Good Working experience with people at the community level.
- Knowledge of geographical areas.
- Experience supporting the implementation and the monitoring of nutrition project implementation.
- Experience supporting capacity strengthening of governments and non-government organizations.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS CONT'D
- Proficiency in English and Arabic both oral and written language.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong organizational skills, time -management and ability to carry out multiple tasks successfully
- Solid-interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to communicate easily with technical teams (e.g. monitoring and evaluation, etc.).
- Ability to contribute to the implementation of programmes.
- Good knowledge and practical experience in data record keeping, reporting, and data analysis.
- Computer skills: MS Word. MS Word, MS. Excel, presentation tools.
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Helps teammates articulate WFP’s Strategic Objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Suggests potential improvements to team’s work processes to supervisor.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Explains the impact of WFP activities in beneficiary communities to teammates.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Articulates how own unit’s responsibilities will serve WFP’s mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people's skills: Trains junior teammates on new skills and capabilities.
- Create an inclusive culture: Seeks opportunities to work with people from different backgrounds.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Serves as a peer coach for colleagues in same area of work.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Tracks progress toward goals and shares this information on a regular basis with supervisor.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Explores ways to consistently be more efficient and accurate in own areas of work and shares new methods of work with colleagues.
- Focus on getting results: Focuses on getting results and tracks trends in completion rates for own tasks to identify opportunities for efficiency.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Takes responsibility for own tasks and notifies supervisor as soon as possible of potential delays in meeting deadlines or commitments.
- Be Decisive: Independently decides what action to take when faced with critical choices in the workplace or in dangerous situations in the field.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Suggests opportunities for partnering with other units to supervisor.
- Build strong external partnerships: Identifies opportunities to work with colleagues and partners in the field towards common goals.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Develops an understanding of the value of WFP’s teams and external partners in fulfilling team’s goals and objectives.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Aligns own activities with supervisor’s priorities to fulfill internal and external partner needs.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
• Has facilitated communication with technical teams (i.e. nutrition, VAM, etc.).
• Has contributed to implementation of programmes.
• Has observed or assisted with policy discussions.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Net Salary Per month: 9,128 ILS / month
Social Insurance: 8.33% on a monthly basis
Duty Station: Jerusalem
Taxability of Salary: Tax - NOT exempted (Remuneration under SC is not exempt from national or local taxation)
Annual Leave: 2.5 Annual leave days per month
Certified Sick Leave: 2 days per month
Medical insurance: The Medical insurance coverage will be granted by WFP (cost is sharing among the contractor and WFP)
Death and Disability: SC holders must be covered for service incurred disability/injury/death, at no cost.
National holidays: 10 days per year, will be those observed by the WFP office in the country. You will be entitled to holiday days fallen within your contract duration.
Working hours: 5 days a week (Monday to Friday from 8:00am to 15:30pm). Or as agreed upon with the direct supervisor in accordance to the operation needs
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
8th August 2022
All employment decisions are made on the basis of organizational needs, job requirements, merit, and individual qualifications. WFP is committed to providing an inclusive work environment free of sexual exploitation and abuse, all forms of discrimination, any kind of harassment, sexual harassment, and abuse of authority. Therefore, all selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.
Interested and qualified candidates can apply online through Apply Now-button below