The Opportunity – Programme Assistant
Post location: West Bank Field Office
Contract Duration and Level of Effort: 12 Month – with possible extension
The Programme Assistant will contribute to the successful implementation of the program activities including CVA interventions. The position holder will support the program team in the WB FO to ensure the successful quality implementation and coordination of programme activities. The Project Assistant will support and monitor the implementation of activities ensuing timely reports and updates.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Programme Officer/ Senior Program Officer – WB Field Office
Role Dimensions: oPt Country Office (CO) is a high complexity country, with multi-member interest, and an annual budget of $9 – 11m, and approximately 60 staff members
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Key Area 1: IMPLEMENTATION
- Plan with his/her line manager day-to-day follow up of activities implementation according to the plans in coordination with the local partners and report on progress and any challenges encountered.
- Conduct sensitization sessions with beneficiaries and non-beneficiaries on the voucher distribution process in different target areas close to beneficiaries’ homes and distribution points.
- Conduct regular field visits to coordinate, implement and monitor program activities, and collect data in accordance with the project’s needs.
- Contribute to developing beneficiary selection criteria and verification of beneficiary lists.
- Assist project team in communicating feedback to beneficiaries and other stakeholders when requested.
- Maintain and file project documents and correspondence.
Key Area 2: Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL)
- Support the monitoring of project implementation against the established indicators detailed in the projects Logical Framework.
- Ensure daily activities at the field level follow implementation guidelines.
- Conduct field visits and meetings with beneficiaries, vendors, (Community Based Organizations) CBOs and local communities to ensure quality implementation of programme activities.
- Participate actively in the overall project monitoring and evaluation process in coordination with the project partner.
- Actively participate in the regular project related meetings.
- Assist in the documentation of lessons learnt, best practice and case studies.
- Work closely with the Programme Officer/Senior Programme Officer to ensure preparation of timely and high quality reports.
Key Area 3: COMMUNICATION
- Assist in the preparation and coordination for any field visits related to the project activities.
- Support Advocacy, Media, and Communications (ACCM) team in content preparation success stories and case studies.
Key Area 4: General
- Contribute in and participate in response activities as per the early action plan and the direction of the line manager.
- Perform other responsibilities reasonable to level of skills and experience, in agreement with the line manager based on changing in operation environment and urgent organization needs.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, business administration, social work, or any other related field.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- At least 2+ years of experience in programme implementation and NGO experience is a plus.
- Ability to manage a complex and diverse workload and to work to tight deadlines.
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as to work autonomously when required.
- Demonstrates good experience in using computerized programs.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, team-oriented work style, interest and experience of working in a multicultural environment.
- Flexible and willing to work long working hours where necessary.
- Understanding of Save the Children’s vision, mission, and commitment to its objectives and values.
- Commitment to upholding Save the Children’s Safeguarding Policy, as well as principles of do no harm and confidentiality.
- Excellent computer proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Good command of English and Arabic language skills.
- Valid driving licence.
We offer a competitive package in the context of the sector. This role is offered on the basis of national terms and conditions only.
Save the Children promotes a diverse and inclusive work environment, women and people with different abilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Save the Children works in development and humanitarian contexts with children and partners to help families, communities, and governments identify and use innovations to ensure all children survive, learn and are protected.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
• No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
• All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
• Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers/apply
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.