Programme Assistant (VAM): Food security and Market analysis
- Support the Vulnerability Analysis & Mapping (VAM) unit in the development of food security, market, and vulnerability analysis.
- Assist in coordinating VAM data collection, cleaning and analysis activities ensuring data completeness, timeliness, and quality.
- Support the production of newsletters and periodic reports on the food security and market price trends.
- Programme questionnaires for all market data collections.
- Draft periodic food security and market price monitoring reports for both West Bank and Gaza Strip.
- Follow-up the data issue by PCBS and update the data base for these indictors, and follow-up the reports issued by other organizations such as IMF, World Bank etc.
- Monitor and update socio economic data pertaining to Palestine (West Bank and Gaza Strip), specifically market prices, labour force data, CPI as well as import and export figures.
- Develop the market information products necessary to inform decision-making during programme implementation as part of the VAM Unit role (Vulnerability Analysis and Mapping Unit).
- Consolidate the market monthly data received from the sub-offices and from official sources (PCBS), maintain and update the database, update, and carry out the price analysis regularly and calculate the market value of WFP in-kind and voucher programmes.
- Provide inputs and update indicators for the WFP global market monitoring system on monthly base.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Education: Completion of university degree in the related functional area mainly Economics
5 years of relevant experience
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Arabic
Application guidelines for external candidates
- To view the job description and apply to a position, please follow the link next to External Link
- Click on ‘Apply’
- Click on ‘Create an account
- Create a CV an upload online