Working efficiently, effectively and in a spirit of partnership, we support people and societies in developing, transition and industrialized countries in shaping their own futures and improving living conditions. This is what the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) is all about. As a federally owned enterprise, we support the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. We are also engaged in international education work around the globe.
The programme “Access to the Labour Market - PALM” aims to improve the employment situation through comprehensive measures of active labour market policy. It focuses on Improvement of information available on evidence-based steering of regional labour markets, strengthening capacities of local key stakeholders to offer gender sensitive employment services for wage employment, self-employment and entrepreneurship, and coordinating the active labor market policy process among the relevant multi-stakeholders.
The programme “Transitional Aid East Jerusalem” focuses on strengthening the resilience of young people in East Jerusalem through support to formal and informal educational institutions and providing practical trainings amongst others.
In order to support the two programmes, we are looking for a full-time (100%)
Tasks and Functions include but are not limited to:
- Ensuring that the secretariat runs smoothly
- Ensuring good communication and flow of information within the project/programme and with the GIZ office
- Filing documents in reference files or in DMS in line with GIZ’s filing rules
- Assisting the principal advisor in his/her administrative tasks (e.g. procuring tickets)
Secretariat work and services
- Organises and coordinates appointments for the officer responsible for the contract and cooperation
- Answers, reviews, forwards and/or takes calls
- Manages incoming and outgoing correspondence (post, fax, email) and prioritises and organises it
- Replies to and looks after correspondence (replies)
- Prepares and organises information materials for the officer responsible for the contract and cooperation and/or meetings
- Helps organise events and document meetings, workshops and seminars within or outside the project
- Helps prepare visitor programmes, draws up travel schedules, organises transport of visitors and makes hotel and ticket reservations
- Participates in internal and external (team) meetings and workshops and assists with documenting these, e.g. by writing minutes
- Photocopies and scans documents as needed
- Assists the administration in the management of assets
Office coordination, office management and general coordination
- Regularly draws up a list of forthcoming meetings and events
- Reports damage/defects in office furnishings and equipment to project management and organises and follows up on maintenance and repair
Administration and knowledge management
- Creates an address file with important contact addresses and maintains this
- Helps create and maintain a filing system for the office or project, treats information confidentially, specifically in the areas of personnel and finance
- Updates the filing system daily with incoming and outgoing correspondence
Other duties/additional tasks
- Ensures that visitors (guests, counterparts, project staff or consultants) are comfortable by offering newspapers, refreshments
- Organises and coordinates project support staff and works well with them
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Required qualifications, competences, and experience
- Performs other duties and tasks at the request of management
- Secondary school education
- Certificate/diploma or similar qualification from a recognised clerical college
- At least 1-3 years’ professional experience in a comparable position
- Good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office)
- Very good knowledge of the European language widely used in the country, ideally a knowledge of German
- Good management and organisational skills
- Customer and service-oriented attitude
- Wllingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management
Assignment: Starting 15th of April 2021
GIZ is an equal opportunity employer and offers an attractive and challenging working environment with opportunities for skill enhancement.
A complete application must be submitted in English to the following address: [email protected], which includes the which includes the applicant information form, CV and cover letter, no later than 7th of April 2021 at latest 04:00PM.
Kindly state in the email subject “Programme Assistant”. Any deficiency in the application will NOT be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Attachment GIZ applicant information form