The Project: FCDO Trade Facilitation and Customs Support (Tasdeer)
The FCDO Trade Facilitation and Customs Support programme (Tasdeer) is a £15m programme financed by FCDO and operational from 2020 – 2023. The objective of the Tasdeer is to improve the trade performance and customs capabilities in the OPTs. It will ultimately contribute to increased inclusive private sector-led economic growth and fiscal sustainability in the OPTs. The programme is designed to be flexible and adaptable, and it will work politically and technically to make progress across the four key interrelated workstreams.
- Workstream 1: Support to expedite the movement of goods and reduce transaction costs
- Workstream 2: Support to improve Palestinian trade-related institutions and business enabling environment
- Workstream 3: Support to improve the private sector’s skills and innovation to export and create jobs
- Workstream 4: Support to improve PA’s customs readiness to assume functions from Israel and revenues from trade-related taxes
The programme is implemented by a Cowater-led consortium on behalf of FCDO. A Steering Committee (including representatives from FCDO, the Ministry of National Economy and other donors) will approve interventions identified and designed by the supplier. Supplier interventions will be reviewed and quality assured by a Strategic Advisory Panel comprised of experts from the core consortium members across the four workstreams. The Steering Committee will also monitor results and provide policy oversight throughout the programme lifetime.
Cowater is responsible for managing the implementation of this programme on behalf of FCDO and under its supervision. This includes designing and implementing interventions and providing quarterly and annual reports. The Cowater-led Tasdeer team is expected to identify and implement interventions that will improve trade performance and fiscal sustainability in the OPTs through the provision of grants for technical assistance, policy dialogue, analysis, and small-scale infrastructure (if needed). This will include interventions that will enhance trade logistics, reduce trade transaction costs, build trade-related institutions, create a more conducive enabling environment for trade, and grants to firms to procure technical assistance and equipment to improve their exports and be competitive. The programme will support interventions to facilitate the transfer of custom functions to the Palestinian Authority
The programme is expected to implement between 40-60 strategic and systematic interventions across the workstreams. The Cowater Tasdeer team will develop concepts and full intervention proposals for the programme’s Steering Committee to approve for implementation. The proposals will include measurable indicators and targets.
We are looking to identify an experienced Programme Officer with strong experience in communications to play a key role in delivering Tasdeer’s Communications Strategy and wider technical support. The Programme Officer will provide wide-ranging support to the team in technical delivery and will lead our Communications initiatives. We are looking for candidates with exceptional writing ability in English (Arabic desired), experience in development (FCDO/DFID preferred), and good analytical skills.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- A minimum of a Bachelor degree in communication, development studies, political science, business administration or related fields.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in communication, programme development, reporting and programme implementation.
- Very good understanding of the basics of economic development and development theory at large.
- Strong analytical, verbal and writing skills in English (writing skills in Arabic are desired).
- Ability to produce accurate and concise drafts at pace.
- Strong team player with the ability to adapt to different work styles within the team.
Interested applicants are kindly requested to submit their CVs with a cover letter clearly indicating the position name and explaining how they are qualified to fulfil the specified position requirements.
Complete applications must be sent by email at [email protected]
We thank all applicants for their interest in this project, however only those shortlisted will be contacted.
Cowater is an Equal Opportunity Employer.