Working efficiently, effectively and in a spirit of partnership, we support people and societies in developing, transition and industrialized countries in shaping their own futures and improving living conditions. This is what the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) is all about. As a federally owned enterprise, we support the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. We are also engaged in international education work around the globe.
The programme “Transitional Development Assistance East Jerusalem” TDA-EJ focuses on strengthening the resilience of young people in East Jerusalem through support to formal and informal educational institutions as well as youth serving organisations and providing practical trainings amongst others. The programme’s objective is to strengthen the social cohesion of young people in East Jerusalem affected by multiple vulnerabilities through: vocational qualification and business start-up; Peace-promoting youth work in the fields of sports for development, culture, music and creative design, trainings on gender-based violence and non-violent conflict transformation, as well as psycho-social support (MHPSS); therefore TDA-EJ is looking for someone with long standing experience in working with civil society organisations.
Tasks and Functions include but are not limited to:
- Managing the project activities in the areas of capacity development and youth work to fulfil the
programme objectives, in agreement with the superior
- Coordinating with the team staff and partners to provide professional advisory services to and cooperate
with a broad range of target groups in the area of Youth work.
- Innovation with the partners to come up with a project idea
- Responsible for the implementation of project activities in the relevant area (youth work and CD).
- Responsible for coordination with partners for planning the implementation of interventions.
- Supporting the project management using GIZ´s management model “Capacity Works”
Advising the partner institution(s)
- Advises and monitors the development and implementation with partners
- Coordinates with partners in ensuring the quality of partners’ products
- Develops and organises quality assurance measures and suggests necessary changes, improvements, and initiatives
- Is responsible for the with recording and documenting the results of all activities in the relevant area
- Keeps an overview of programme activities, deadlines etc. and presents this regularly at team meetings
- Manages partnerships, e.g., by following up on running contracts
Networking and cooperation
- Advises partners on PR work
- Coordinates with other GIZ programmes on the shared activities
- Attends and contributes to GIZ working groups
- Organizes the planning, coordinating and documenting of meetings, workshops, seminars and other project activities
- Independently coordinates with short-term experts assigned to projects/programmes in completing their tasks
- Assists in translations in some meetings
- Upload relevant documentation on DMS
- Prepare reports and presentation on the activities
- Develops technical concepts, manuals, and procedures with partners
- Organize meetings with partners and follow up on activities, advises partners on developing project concepts including preparation, monitor partners on M&E
- Coordinates relevant project activities at local level in consultation with the manager and in cooperation with the partners, both as regards implementation and preparing organisational aspects
- Compiles the relevant information for joint activities and assignments
- Handles order management on behalf of GIZ such as impact monitoring, project progress review, reporting)
- Responsible for the preparation and monitoring of service contracts, grants agreements, local subsidies
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Required qualifications, competences, and experience
masters/MSc in an area that is related to the programme objectives, with a focus on a relevant field
At least 5 years’ professional experience in a comparable position working with civil society organisations in East Jerusalem
Good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g., MS Office, Access or another database programme)
Arabic native speaker, good knowledge of business English, ideally a knowledge of German and/ or Hebrew
Experience of project management in Capacity development and/or youth work is desirable
Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management
Assignment: December 15th, 12 months contract with possible extension.
As an equal opportunity employer, GIZ stands for inclusion and diversity and does not discriminate against applicants for employment because of their gender, disability, age, religion, or ethnic origin. GIZ offers an attractive and challenging work environment with opportunities for personal and professional development.
A complete application must be submitted in English to the following address: [email protected], which includes attached applicant information form, the CV and a one-page cover letter, no later than 29th November 2021 at latest 04:00 PM.
Kindly state in the email subject “Programme Advisor-TDA-EJ”. Any deficiency in the application will NOT be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Attachment GIZ applicant information form