Working efficiently, effectively and in a spirit of partnership, we support people and societies in developing, transition and industrialized countries in shaping their own futures and improving living conditions. This is what the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) is all about. As a federally owned enterprise, we support the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. We are also engaged in international education work around the globe.
The programme “Transitional Development Assistance in East Jerusalem” TDA-EJ focuses on strengthening the resilience of young people in East Jerusalem through support to formal and informal educational institutions as well as youth serving organizations and providing practical trainings amongst others. As part of these initiatives, small rehabilitation measures are planned and therefor TDA-EJ is looking for someone with expertise in TVET as well as civil engineering/architecture.
The programme “Strengthening Youth for Stabilization in Palestine” (SYSP) aims to increase the well-being of children and youth in Gaza and in marginalized areas of the West Bank. SYSP is active in three main areas: (1) combining leisure activities with psychosocial support for children and young people; (2) psychological crisis intervention in the Gaza Strip; and (3) the promotion of youth initiatives in communities. As part of these initiatives, SYSP plans and carries out small renovation and building projects to create safe spaces for children and youth and is thus looking for support in the field of architecture or civil engineering.
This is a shared position with 15% allocated to the SYSP programme (for renovation projects) and 85% allocated for the TDA EJ programme both in the fields of renovation and TVET.
Tasks and Functions include but are not limited to:
- Managing an area of responsibility that forms part of the programme objectives, team agreements and/or agreements with the superior
- Deals with project/programme initiatives to provide professional advisory services to and cooperate with a broad range of target groups.
- Innovation and knowledge management.
- Responsible of M&E related issues (Questionnaires, indicators and other measurements) for the activities related to TVET
Advising the partner institution(s)
- On rehabilitation of TVET and youth serving institutions in East Jerusalem as well as supporting rehabilitation in the other components
- Develops and organises quality assurance measures and suggests necessary changes, improvements and initiatives
- Training and development measures for teaching staff and management, especially in the area of conflict-sensitive teaching methods and to respond to the need of particularly vulnerable students
- Monitoring and Evaluation in the component Improving employability of young people in East Jerusalem as well as in the area of rehabilitation
- Conducts need analyses with partner organizations to determine which renovation and building measures are required
- Plans renovation and building projects in cooperation with partner organizations
- Checks that building and renovation measures are being carried out in the agreed upon fashion and quality
Networking and cooperation
- Follow-up on the media coverage documentation for all the accomplished activities.
- Cooperates with local communities, relevant organisations, non-governmental agencies and individuals in the project/programme environment and with other projects to improve and maintain good working relationships.
- Close internal cooperation within GIZ, mainly within the Cluster Sustainable Economic Development (SED)
- Assist in Developing and organizing quality assurance measures and suggesting necessary changes, improvements and initiatives along with the team members.
- Assist in Monitoring the development and implementation of programme plans and activities as well as reviewing reports and documents and identifying bottlenecks and recommendations along with the team members.
- Is in regular exchange with other advisors in the field of building and renovation in Palestine and at HQ to stay abreast of new developments in the field and in regulations
- Support in Preparation and implementation of capacity development workshops
- Support in designing, preparing and implementing of activities
- Consultation with service providers and consultants.;
- Responsible for possible cooperation with local/regional partners in order to achieve the projects goal.
- Responsible for partners contracts follow-ups, preparing proposals, detailed initial budget and following up the payments follow-ups along with the Admin colleagues.
- Responsible for writing TOR (Terms of reference) for all the needed consultants, appraisals .. etc. and Follow-up on their final deliverable assurance.
- Responsible for coordination with relative service providers, planning, organizing and monitoring all aspects of events and activities;
- Production of detailed concepts for events and activities, including timelines, venues, suppliers, legal obligations, staffing and budgets;
- Responsible about the Following-up on the M&E within the component ‘improving employability of young people in East Jerusalemand with partners;
- Assist in any other related task.
- Coordinates building and renovations activities at local level in consultation with the manager and in Cooperation with the partners, both as regards implementation and preparing organisational aspects
- Coordinates with GIZ Headquarters Building Division as laid out in GIZ rules and regulations
- Coordinates the work of local consultants in the field of architecture and engineering, particularly in the Gaza Strip
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Required qualifications, competences and experience
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in civil engineering, architecture or a related field
- At least 3 years’ experience in a comparable position
- Experience planning renovations and new, procurement and coordinating the work building service providers, including quality assurance
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, experience working with civil society organizations is preferrable
- Able to support the implementation of relevant and innovative concepts, cooperating with representatives of government institutions, universities and NGOs.
- Relevant experience of working in international cooperation or/and in a youth related context is a precondition.
- Experience with GIZ structures and processes are an important asset.
- Experiences in administration.
- Ability to work in teams, good communication and networking skills, flexibility.
- Ability to travel within the Palestinian Territories and to Jerusalem.
- Fluent Business English skills; fluent German or Hebrew skills are an asset.
- A flexible personality with patience and ambiguity tolerance
Assignment: Starting as soon as possible until November 2022 with possible extension
GIZ is an equal opportunity employer, and offers an attractive and challenging working environment with opportunities for skill enhancement.
A complete application must be submitted in English to the following address: [email protected], which includes the Applicant Information Form, CV and cover letter, no later than 10th of March 2021 at latest 16:00 PM.
Kindly state in the email subject “Programme Advisor”. Any deficiency in the application will NOT be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Attachment GIZ applicant information form