Working efficiently, effectively and in a spirit of partnership, we support people and societies in developing, transition and industrialized countries in shaping their own futures and improving living conditions. This is what the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) is all about. As a federally owned enterprise, we support the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. We are also engaged in international education work around the globe.
The Civil Society Programme aims to strengthen Civil Society Organizations to fulfil their mandate with a special focus on advocating for the rights of marginalized groups within the Palestinian society, e.g. people with disabilities, youth and women. The Programme aims to improve the implementation of the Leave No One Behind (LNOB) principle of the Agenda 2030 on the level of partner organizations and the German Development Cooperation in Palestine as a whole.
In order to support phase III of the Civil Society Programme, we are looking for a full-time (100%) position based in Ramallah
“Programme Advisor LNOB”
Tasks and Functions include but are not limited to:
- Conceptualizing LNOB within the Palestinian context and mainstreaming it into GDC programmes, translating knowledge into practical practices, within the different working sectors.
- Providing professional advisory services to and cooperate with a broad range of Civil Society Organisations, Civil Society Networks and Coalitions and Disabled People Organisations with a strong focus on the implementation of the Leave No One Behind principle (LNOB) of the Agenda 2030 in Palestine.
- Providing professional advisory services to all programs of the German Development Cooperation in Palestine (GIZ and KfW) on the implementation of the LNOB principle.
- Coordinating and monitoring of project activities and knowledge management.
- Communication and implementation of project activities, administrative tasks and general
- Conveying the LNOB mainstreaming process to global and regional GIZ platforms as a form of knowledge and experience sharing.
Coordination and monitoring
- Coordinates, facilitates and moderates trainings and workshops on the implementation of the LNOB principle for GIZ and partner staff of other programs.
- Coordinates closely with the CSP Advisors and Development Workers in the West Bank and Gaza who are jointly responsible for the LNOB component of the program.
- Coordinates the cooperation with partner organizations who work with marginalized target groups.
- Supports the Deputy Head of Program in vetting new program partners, project proposals and budgets.
- Sets up baselines, definition of outcomes, monitoring systems, reporting standards and means of verification together with local partners and other team members.
- Advises and trains partners and follows up on agreed results.
- Collects data, follows up on reports and pre-vets reports in coordination with the Financial and Administration Officer.
- Prepares specifications for procurement.
- Prepares ToR for consultants and trainers.
- Supervises and ensures implementation of quality standards within consultancies and trainings, including training plans, consultancy offers, reports etc.
- Plans, prepares and manages events and workshops for the Civil Society Programme.
- Assists in planning, coordinating and documenting meetings, workshops, seminars and other project activities with a focus on technical aspects, including documenting meeting minutes, preparation of briefings, documentation, etc.
- Supports project monitoring and updates information on project progress, documents and reports regularly on the status of results.
- Assists with recording and documenting the results of all activities.
- Assists short-term experts assigned to programs in completing their tasks.
- Coaches and advises the local professionals based at partner organizations and follows up on their reports, when required and in relation to LNOB.
- Researches and prepares projects concepts.
Knowledge management and communication
- Gathers and shares information about current policies (e.g. civil society in Palestine, inclusion, gender, youth, implementation of the Agenda 2030).
- Develops PR materials on project activities related to the implementation of the LNOB principle.
- Orders and distributes PR materials on the program, as well as, GIZ PR materials (program factsheets, various PR materials, PowerPoint presentations etc.).
- Assists in drawing up reports and translations (English-Arabic and vice versa).
- Supports all forms of external and internal communications.
- Prepares relevant documents and schedules for visitors and delegations (GIZ, BMZ, German politicians and others).
- Is responsible for GIZ corporate design guidelines and their implementation.
- Assists in communicating, updating and collecting information on program progress.
- Organizes and updates program documentation, the filing systems and the program library, constant update of contact data base.
Implementation of project activities
- Manages projects within program such as technical trainings for partners, liaises and communicates to consultants, plans and budgets independently.
- Develops training materials, assists Development Advisors in developing training materials in their respective fields and carries out basic training on the implementation of the LNOB principle.
- Moderates team meetings regarding program progress.
- Is familiar with GIZ planning, implementation and reporting procedures and their changes.
- Is familiar with other modules of the governance program and cooperates within the cluster team.
- Represents the interest of the GIZ assisted measures and always acts on its behalf.
- Carries out important tasks for the project/program, even if these are not explicitly cited in the job description.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Required qualifications, competences and experience
- University degree (Master level) in the fields of Social Sciences or a similar field.
- At least five years proven work experience in the field of empowerment of marginalized groups (e.g. people with disabilities, youth, women).
- Ability to work effectively in an intercultural team, as well as, on his/her own.
- Excellent interpersonal and intercultural communication skills, organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work under stressful conditions, self-initiator, flexible and able to work with people of different backgrounds, service oriented, friendly personality, well organized and motivated.
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed.
- Ability to work efficiently in remote team collaboration across regions.
- Experience with Civil Society, Self-representative and Community Based Organizations.
- Excellent command of MS Office and social media platforms.
- Full proficiency in Arabic and English, knowledge of German is an advantage.
Assignment: Starting 1st of July 2020. 12 months contract with possible extension up to 30th April 2022.
GIZ is an equal opportunity employer and offers an attractive and challenging working environment with opportunities for skill enhancement.
A complete application must be submitted in English to the following address: [email protected], which includes applicant information form, CV and cover letter, no later than 11th of June 2020 at latest 12:00 PM.
Kindly state in the email subject “Programme Advisor-LNOB”. Any deficiency in the application will NOT be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Attachment GIZ applicant information form