Job Title: Program Officer
Location: Al-Ram / Ramallah
Closing Date: Thursday, October 5, 2023
The NGO Development Center (NDC) is a non-profit Palestinian organization whose main function is to empower non-governmental organizations (NGOs) to respond to the needs of the poor and marginalized. NDC provides a distinctive combination of direct grants to NGOs, to help them perform with improved quality and outcomes, while increasing access to services by the most vulnerable.
NDC is currently seeking a dynamic Program Officer with excellent conceptual, analytical and organizational skills to be based in its main office in Al-Ram. The Program Officer reports directly to the NDC Director and will be responsible for a portfolio of infrastructure and service – based initiatives implemented by Civil Society Organisations (CSOs) in Jerusalem. The Program Officer must have access to Jerusalem.
Position: Program Officer
The Program Officer (PO) is the first and direct point of contact with the CSOs and the local community. His/her position ensures the flow of information and efficient communication between CSOs and the NDC. The PO main responsibility is to monitor projects implementation in East Jerusalem and report regularly on progress and achievements. He/she will also be responsible for providing recipient CSOs with information and instructions regarding the project, its policies, and its procedures. The PO also represents a valuable capacity building resource.
- Prepare the project work plan, monitor progress and report periodically on outcomes.
- Prepare “Guidelines for Submission” and “Grant Application Form” for CSOs in line with the project technical document.
- Communicate the grant-making application process to the community and CSOs including the eligibility criteria and guidelines.
- Maintain a database of all submitted applications, including approved and rejected applications.
- Conduct the required assessments and appraisals of submitted grants applications and provide technical recommendations.
- Prepare Grant Implementation Agreements (GIAs), notification/rejection letters to new applicants, and prepare amendments to GIAs as needed.
- Monitor projects implementation and ensure adherence of CSOs to the signed GIAs, work plans, budgets, disbursements and projected outputs.
- Provide hands-on technical assistance to grants recipients and timely feedback on all aspects of projects implementation.
- Organize workshops, meetings and forums for exchange of experiences
- Manage and coordinate the implementation of grants activities for the awarded sub-projects, including planning, sub-grant design, negotiations and preparation of sub-grant award documents, administration, monitoring, field visits, reporting and closeout;
- Prepare terms of reference for selected assignments, recruit consultants and monitor their work and quality of deliverables.
- Prepare timely high quality project reports in accordance with NDC’s requirements.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Bachelor degree in civil engineering, public or business administration, development, or other related fields.
- 5 years of experience in a comparable environment working with civil society organisations.
- Knowledge of the NGO sector and the development environment in general (preferably in Jerusalem).
- Excellent facilitation skills, project cycle management, monitoring, supervision, bids and contracts management.
- Ability to coordinate and follow up multiple projects.
- Strong communication, analytical and writing skills in Arabic and English
- Valid Jerusalem driving license.