MA’AN Development Center is an independent Palestinian non-profit organization, established in Jerusalem in January 1989. MA’AN Mission is to promote community development that is guided by community participation, human rights based approach, investment of local resources and the empowerment of the poor and marginalized.
Position title: Program Officer
The Program Officer will be part of a highly efficient and motivated team. This position will be involved in program development, co-ordination of projects implementation, monitoring and tracking ongoing projects, resources development, building partnerships particularly with CBO's and lead the program operation in the field.
Major Responsibilities & Duties:
- To contribute to the strategic planning and direction of MA’AN Center.
- To develop relevant program policy papers.
- To work with the program team on developing the program’s policy/ strategy.
- To work with the Program Team in formulating new projects concepts.
- To lead the Program Team in carrying out MA’AN’s mission and goals.
- To develop, with the Program Team, the annual work plan & supervise its implementation.
- To build the capacity of the program team and partners.
- To develop and conduct performance appraisals of staff.
- To assist in directing and coordinating activities of project personnel to ensure project progress is on schedule and within prescribed budget.
- To co-ordinate between the program areas to ensure maximum impact.
- To prepare progress program and projects reports.
- To ensure the implementation of activities are carried out in accordance with the project parameters.
- To ensure the ongoing monitoring on the different projects under the program.
- To identify and create new strategic partnerships.
- To expand MA’AN’s relations with international and local NGOs and Governmental bodies.
- To assist in representing MA’AN in local and international networks.
- To work closely with other programs at MA’AN and facilitating cross-program collaboration.
- To conduct site visits for pending and active projects.
- To review projects activities and provide critical analysis of projects strengths, weaknesses and risks.
- To assist with all program efforts to enhance the sustainability of the program.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Education & Essential Experience, Skills & Personal Attributes:
- Bachelor's degree with minimum 5 years of employment or MA with 3 years of experience in related fields.
- Good experience in community development programs: (Including: Planning Monitoring & Reporting & budgeting)
- Adept skills in Project Cycle Management (PCM).
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent management, financial management and administrative competencies
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of NGO sector.
- Excellent written and spoken Arabic and English.
- Creative and innovative approach in developing new ideas and programs.
- Highly organized, reliable attention to details and ability to work independently when needed.
- Excellent communication skills and inter-personal skills, and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues, partners and donors.
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, prioritize workload and multi-task.
- Highly motivated and demonstrate sound judgment.
- Integrity and strong identification with MAAN Core Values
- Readiness to work within a team.
- Ability to form good relationships with colleagues, partners & stakeholders
Duration: One Year with possibility of extension
Directly Reporting to: Programs Manager.
Qualified Candidates should submit their CVs and a letter of interest no later than the 19 March 2020 04:00 PM to the following E-mails: [email protected]
MA’AN Development Center is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women to apply for the position.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted