CARE International in the West Bank & Gaza
Contingent upon funding availability, CARE West Bank & Gaza is looking for a committed professional to the values of Transformation, Integrity, Diversity, Equality, and Excellence to fill the following vacancy:
Program Development & Communication Officer (Job# 3/2017)
NOTE: We are extending period for receiving applications for this position, those who already applied do not need to apply again
Summary: The Program Development & Communication Officer (PDCO) will be responsible for leading specific resource mobilization tasks; coordinate and serve as the focal point for proposal development coordination; and work with country and regional teams in order to produce proactive concept notes and tap into new opportunities. The Program Development & Communication Officer is expected to contribute to the CO program development by working closely with project managers and senior managers (director, program area manager), and other technical experts and CI members. The PDCO will also produce or assist in production of CARE’s internal and external communication materials; ensure that CARE’s communication is coherent, of consistently good quality, and impactful. She/he will also be actively involved in efforts to integrate communication and visibility elements in CARE’s project design cycle.
Location: West Bank
Reports to: Senior Director, Economic Empowerment & Innovation
Start date: As soon as possible
Position type: full-time 40 hours/week
- Bachelor Degree – or equivalent in social science, communication, management, international development or other relevant field.
- Master’s degree (or equivalent in experience and formal training) in International Development, gender or women’s studies, economic development, social science, political science, or public administration (desired)
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in leading proposal and concept notes development targeted at traditional donors, including the European Union, BMZ, Global Affairs Committee, DFID, etc.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in producing communication or media products and material whether done at a communication, fundraising, or a program role.
- 2 to 3 years experience in working in humanitarian/development programming
- Proven track record working collaboratively with civil society, communities, local NGO partners and government officials
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written) in both Arabic and English.
- Strong team player and experienced collaborator
- Outstanding action research and analysis skills.
- Proven skills in design, monitoring and evaluation
- Good understanding of development issues with emphasis on rights, partnership, participation and sustainability
The full job descriptions and the position’s educational and technical experience requirements can be sent upon request to [email protected]
Only applicants who have the required qualities, experience, and skills will be considered. Interested applicants must include (a) A resume (in English) and (b) a cover letter explaining their suitability for the position (in English)
Please submit your application by e- mail to
to the attention of the HR Department no later than Sunday, December 31st, 2017 and include the job number (3/2017) in the subject line and cover letter.
Applications received after this date or that do not meet the qualifications above will not be considered. Only short listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Applications from female candidates are strongly encouraged
CARE International promotes the principle of Equal Opportunity for all
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.