CMBM is a humanitarian organization that works with health- and trauma healing related projects in the Middle East.
CMBM adheres to the main principles of humanitarianism and medical ethics, in particular the principles of impartiality.
CMBM has working on Health & education sectors and Healing the wound of war program other ministries and other NGOs since 2005 to develop their psychosocial wellbeing, improving resiliency to victims of war and healing war scars, helping the helpers, public health institutions and strengthening local educational institutions.
Job title: Program Assistant
Start date: ASAP
Duration: one-year renewable, including a three-month trial period.
The list of tasks shown below includes main responsibilities but is by no means exhaustive.
- Assists in the plan and design with other project staff and project partners activities within the project and implementation plan
- Participates actively in the overall project monitoring and evaluation process.
- Participating in the technical reports are analytical, grammatically correct, and if necessary, succinct and contain persuasive policy recommendations.
- Assists in the preparation of documents for use in the formulation of the work plans, progress reports, and periodic reviews.
- Assist on preparing project proposals/guidelines, contract agreements, project report presentation.
- Assist in research activities, coding, filing, monitoring, and data entry.
- Participates and assist the management in writing proposals for donors
- Follows up and ensures submission of data required from partners and contractors to be used in reports within the existing monitoring systems on time (per deadline), and submits to the Admin & Finance Officer
- Works closely with the partners and communities at the field level.
- Review Partner Organization’s project proposals and annual planning documents as well as joint action proposals in terms of completeness, accuracy, compliance with CMBM program’s guidelines and regulations.
- Assist the finance department in preparing periodic financial documents, payments and reports.
- Manage petty cash and expense account.
- Ensure the supply of input material conditions for the Project Office such as stationery, electricity, water, transportation (if any);
- Assists in the preparation for any field visits requested for visitors.
- Arrange storage and systematize project document.
- Provides administrative and clerical support to the process of preparation and drafting of project ideas, work plans, budgets, revisions, progress reports and summaries.
- In charge of meeting minutes during all staff and external meetings.
- Maintains all proper filing system.
- Tracking and responding to various action items, appointment/calendar maintenance, document preparation, technical editing, filing, meeting scheduling, and office supply maintenance.
- Assists in scheduling of meetings and maintaining contain with project key players.
- Collects, assess and analyses information related to the programs.
- Maintains records on the general political situation of Gaza and developments of relevance to the programs.
- Managing specified budget lines and creating and updating Excel spreadsheets as requested
- Assistance in the organization of workshops and training activities.
- Assists in the preparation and logistics for visiting expats and missions through liaison with local authorities.
- performing outreach, overseeing the minute details and Assisting in monitoring project activities
- Makes travel and hotel reservations, prepares travel orders and assembles information pertinent to the purpose of travel.
- Insures all follow-ups are done in a timely and organized manner as assigned.
- Actively participates in staff meetings and other ad-hoc meetings as requested by the Country Director.
- Develop reports and correspondence independently
- Contribute to online stories describing CMBM projects in Gaza for CMBM website and follow-up CMBM official Facebook page and provide it with periodic news.
- Contribute to representing CMBM in NGO network meetings
- Assist and prepare the report and reports information with liaison of the program staff.
- Act as security focal point when missions and expats are in Gaza.
- Maintain daily management and operations of CMBM office.
- Act as contact point for partners and authorities, passing on urgent and critical issues to Country Director & Admin & Finance officer, but able to provide support and advice to partners on some issues.
- Excellent skills on preparing the Power point presentation and editing the reports
- Manage office calls, respond to queries, screen calls for message, forward calls to proper recipient.
- Ordering and distributing supplies& stationery, refreshments and transportation for workshops and groups.
- Querying databases and collecting data.
- Organizing and maintaining files and typing reports
- Any other assigned tasks.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Bachelor’s degree in Social science, Engineering or other related field management
- Minimum of 3 years of office management experience in other NGOs, preferably in a similar role with INGOS.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt and work effectively in dynamic and demanding operational environment.
- Experience in reporting.
- Proven skills in facilitation, team building and coordination.
- Team work spirit and ability to cooperate.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to work effectively and in a collegial fashion with people from a wide range of backgrounds and cultures, to lead and work effectively in insecure environments is critical.
- Excellent presentation skills and verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent command of the English and Arabic Languages (Spoken and Written).
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and relevant design packages.
- Ability to utilize critical thinking and problem solving to manage a wide range of issues from the front desk.
- Ability to have moderately flexible schedule to meet the programmatic needs of the work. Ability to work independently as sole staff member in the building with opening and/or closing responsibilities.
- Ability to resolve complaints or problems calmly and effectively, as well as, knowledge regarding when to escalate to management
- Ability to remain professional, calm, polite, and patient in stressful or multitasking situations.
- Committed to learn for growth and development.
- Ability to work under pressure and within a team.
- Decision Quality, Organizing, Action oriented.
- Comfort around higher management.
- Integrity and Trust, Motivating others.
- Greet people entering the building with professionalism, friendliness, and positivity
- Be a team player with flexibility and willingness to multitask and pick up multiple duties as needed.
- Be patient and considerate, but firm and consistent with a wide variety of faculty, staff, and beneficiaries personalities in potentially contentious situations
- Multi-task prioritizes work, tolerate frequent interruptions and accept change.
- Plan work activities, use time efficiently, and set goals and objectives.
- Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner, gather and analyze information skillfully, and work well in a group problem solving situation
- Solid technology skills, including high proficiency in Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat applications
- Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced, high stress environment and meet tight deadlines while maintaining a positive and professional attitude.
- Be a proactive problem-solver – think outside the box
- Active, Social and the most important loyal to the office team
Interested candidate should send their Curriculum Vitae with a cover letter, three references and salary history for the past 2 years by email to:
-Please note the position you’re applying for in the subject in the email. Code: PA 4/ 2019
- Deadline for submission is Wednesday April 10, 2019. No phone inquiries accepted.
- CMBM is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, age, or any other characteristic.
CMBM is a non-smoking area.