Procurement Officer -Based in Jerusalem (National Position)
The Procurement officer will act as the focal point for the procurement of services and supplies for NRC Jerusalem office. The procurement officer is responsible for evaluating bids, suppliers, products, and services, and negotiate contracts as per NRC policies and internal regulations while ensuring compliance, quality, and cost efficiency.
- Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks, and guidelines
- Implement delegated Logistics portfolio according to plan of action
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the support function
- Ensure proper filing of documents and securing of supporting documents
- Support line manager in procedures and require support team trainings
- Contribute to the development and implementation of Procurement systems
- Develop and maintain constructive and cooperative working relationships with colleagues and management
- Perform any other assignment as may be required by the Management
- Ensure effective and timely procurement services following agreed procurement timelines.
- Ensure fulfilment of the whole procurement process as per NRC Logistics Handbook, SOP’s, and per donor requirements where required.
- Active and regular search for suppliers with prequalification process and establishment of vendor database, which includes supplier performance information.
- Ensure that all appropriate purchases supporting documents are prepared for approval
- Execute, following appropriate authorization, purchase and delivery of supplies, revise of contracts for purchasing of Goods and Services
- Liaise and coordinate in a timely manner with the relevant programs, departments, units, and services regarding delivery of supplies, keeping all parties informed of any changes.
- Ensure that the unit4 Procurement form is maintained and is available for distribution to managers on a regular weekly and monthly basis.
- Ensure that procurement files are complete and prepared for timely payments of procured Goods and Services.
- Maintain an accurate and up-to-date supplier information database for regularly purchased items, and information about local market conditions.
- Maintain an accurate and up-to-date Trackers/ Unit4 (status of PO/PR/Contracts /Waivers)
- Respond to audits as required.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Competencies are important for the employee and the organisation to deliver desired results. They are relevant for all staff and are divided into the following two categories:
These are skills, knowledge and experience that are important for effective performance.
Generic professional competencies:
- Experience from working in logistics preferable in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Fluency in English language, both written and verbal
Context/ Specific skills, knowledge, and experience:
- Fluency in Arabic, both written and verbal
- Good knowledge of Hebrew language is preferable
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Business Administration or any relevant field.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience at a similar level
- Ability to work under pressure
- Highest standards of ethics and integrity
- Valid driver’s license
These are personal qualities that influence how successful people are in their job. NRC’s Competency Framework states 12 behavioural competencies, and the following are essential for this position:
- Handling insecure environments
- Planning and delivering results
- Working with people
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Coping with change.
What do we offer:
Duty Station: Jerusalem
Type of Contract: Open contract
Reports to: Logistics Coordinator
Salary: Grade 5 based upon the NRC grading Scale