Working efficiently, effectively and in a spirit of partnership, we support people and societies in developing, transition and industrialized countries in shaping their own futures and improving living conditions. This is what the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) is all about. As a federally owned enterprise, we support the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. We are also engaged in international education work around the globe.
In order to support the Joint programmes under the Sustainable Economic Development Cluster, we are looking for a full time (100%)
Tasks and Functions include but are not limited to:
- In accordance with GIZ rules and regulations and possibly in consultation with Head Office, carries out local procurement of materials and equipment, invitations to tender and order processing below 5000 EUR.
- Prepares all documents required for local procurements of materials and equipment for amounts beyond 5000 EUR which are done under the responsibility of Country office. Arranges for opening of tenders and participates in openings with Palestine GIZ central administration staff
- Maintains data relevant for procurement and tenders in the procurement lists
- Responsible for following up delivery times with suppliers and handling delays and problems that may arise before delivery
- Prepares handing over protocols of equipment and materials
- Checks invoices for goods, vouchers, payment instructions and complaints
- Ensures with the suppliers the safe transport of goods to destination
- Processing claims for damage to goods when applicable
- Documents and files completed order transactions in reference files or in DMS in line with GIZ’s filing rules
- Keeps records for Assets, updates the status of Assets in case of lost, damaged, or discarded in accordance with GIZ rules and Regulations
- Keeps records of Handing over and discarded items
- Ensure the delivery to the final beneficiary by following GIZ rules and regulations
- Is involved in internal and external audits for SED Cluster programmes
- Uses external service providers to complete customs declarations procedures and vehicle registrations and supervises them
- Organises distribution of office funds and other office supplies
- Monitors the setting up and handling of vehicle logs
- Summarises reports by drivers on the condition of vehicles
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Required qualifications, competences, and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, engineering, or any equivalent studies.
- Minimum of 5 years professional experience in a comparable position
- Fluency in Arabic and English (speaking, writing, and reading)
- Knowledge about distance learning and digital tools.
- Excellent computer skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project).
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management.
- Communication skills.
- Fast learner and team player.
Assignment: ASAP, 12 months contract with possible extension.
GIZ is an equal opportunity employer and offers an attractive and challenging working environment with opportunities for skill enhancement.
A complete application must be submitted in English to the following address: [email protected], which includes the attached Applicant Information Form, CV and cover letter, no later than 8th of June 2021 at latest by 16:00 PM.
Kindly state in the email subject “Procurement officer – SED Cluster”. Any deficiency in the application will NOT be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Attachment GIZ applicant information form