DanChurchAid and Norwegian Church Aid joint country program in Palestine is recruiting a
We are seeking a detail-oriented, thorough, and organized procurement officer to oversee and implement procurement under an EU funded grant . This position will play a key role in procuring high-quality and cost-efficient supplies for the grant . Follow DCA procurement procedures , maintain proper documentation to develop, supervise, review and monitor the implementation of of the procurement plans needed under the EU grant for : DCA/NCA self implemented activities and 4 partners in different locations.
- Ensure professional implementation of the EU grant procurement and logistics activities at DCA and Partner’s.
- Make procurement an integrated part of projects through involvement in the conceptual stages of the project development.
- In accordance with the DCA/EU requirements develop, supervise, review and monitor the implementation of procurement plans, tender’s materiel, contracting documents, and ensure proper documentation at DCA and partners.
- Assess partners’ procurement policies and contribute to improving these, conduct procurement training, backstopping support to partners and carry out procurement kick off workshop.
- Take the lead in developing procurement plan, prepare tendering material, obtain quotations, setting up the procurement committee to review and analyze all vendors/suppliers, supply, and price options, place orders, and contracting documents in accordance to DCA/EU procurement policies.
- Follow closely the procurement implementation upon placing order to ensure that the products and supplies are of high quality.
- Undertake monitoring visits to ensure quality of local procurement activities: at partners office, targeted areas of implementation, vendors/ suppliers.
- Maintain robust and transparent procurement audit records to comply with DCA and donor procurement and financial regulation.
- Provide procurement related information to annual work plans, progress-, interim-, financial-, narrative- and final reports.
- Work with team members at DCA/NCA office in Jerusalem, EU program manager and 4 partners funded by the EU grant to complete duties as needed.
- Liaise with HQ prolog advisor.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Key qualifications / Experience expected/ Education:
- DCA key management values of being Compassionate, Proactive, Responsible and Respectful resonate with you.
- BA Degree in accounting or related business field.
- At Least 3 years of experience in technical INGOs procurement: implementation, monitoring and evaluation.
- At Least 5 years of successful Technical experience in EU procurement: implementation, monitoring and evaluation.
- Proven demonstrated solid experience in EU self-implementing projects.
- At least 3 years of experience working with local partners.
- Experience in goods clearance from customs and prepare relevant documents.
- Fluency in Arabic, English, and Hebrew.
- Passionate about the job - Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Hard working- takes initiative.
- Conscientious- detailed oriented, accurate and precise attention to detail.
- Independent thinker and implementor- minimum supervision needed.
- Solution oriented - Solving problems with fast professional decisions.
- Ability to work on a team – lead and as an active member.
- Goal-oriented – delivers with high quality.
An Added value to have :
- Experience in USAID procurement policies.
- Experience in Radio Station: Set ups, procurement and Financial System
- Strong understanding of INGOs financial grant management.
- Experience in EU Financial regulations and reporting.
- Meaningful, professional, dynamic and pleasant work place.
- Competitive compensation.
- Work station: East Jerusalem, partners’ offices in different location.
- Duration: 42 months.
- EU Grant expected start date : 1st June 2019.
- Contract Type: Full time (37.5 working hours/week) according to Local Staff Manual.
- Starting Date: Asap, No Later 1st of June 2019.
Please upload your CV and a cover letter that includes justification of interest no later than April 19th by 16:00 online through Apply Now - تقدم الآن لهذه الوظيفة . Only applications including both will be considered and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The interviews and a test will take place between 30th April – 3rd May. However, we reserve the right to conduct interviews at a rolling basis.
Note that all all interested irrespective of age, gender, disability, religion or ethnicity are encouraged to apply for the vacancy. By applying for any job in DCA you accept to comply with our policies for prevention of sexual abuse, exploitation and harassment as well as child protection.
About DanChurchAid (DCA) and Norwegian Church Aid (NCA):
DanChurchAid (DCA) and Norwegian Church Aid are non-governmental organisations. Both are members of the ACT Alliance and work primarily with local partners, international networks, churches and non-religious civil organizations. The organisations have merged into one country team with offices in East Jerusalem and Gaza. The joint country program (JCP) supports some 20 partners and their projects through a team of 14 staff and annual turnover of approx. USD 5M. We manage contracts from the Danish and Norwegian governments, and European Union. We support economic empowerment of youth and women, by use of renewable energy, mobile technology and agricultural innovation. We work with active citizenship and empowerment. We respond to humanitarian crisis and coordinate within UN system. We advocate for respect for international humanitarian law and human rights law from duty bearers.