Job Title Procurement Officer (P/T)
Location West Bank
Medical Aid for Palestinians (MAP) works for the health and dignity of Palestinians living under occupation and as refugees. MAP is the leading UK charity delivering health and medical care to those worst affected by conflict, occupation and displacement, in the occupied Palestinian territory and Palestinian refugee camps of Lebanon.
Responsible for the procurement of drugs/consumables, medical equipment and other items in accordance with MAP procurement procedures. As well as monitor the delivery and installation of items/equipment at MAP partner’s organizations and for MAP office. Act as the first contact with suppliers, contractors and partners on aspects related to procurement process.
Hours Part Time (3 days a week)
Salary Range ILS 88,560 – ILS 103,956 Prorata
Reporting to Finance and Administration Manager in close coordination with Director of Programmes-WB
Key Internal relationships Director of Programmes for West Bank, Finance and Administration Manager, Finance Officer West Bank team
Key External relationships MAP partner organizations, suppliers, contactors, auditors (as may needed) in West Bank
Contract 12 months
This job description does not form part of your contract of employment and can be amended from time to time as the needs of the organisation require.
Duties and key responsibilities
- Work closely with Programme Officers in West Bank to identify and finalize list of items for procurement.
- Work on preparing and updating MAP’s Suppliers list
- Define and manage key supplier relationships to deliver performance in cost, service and quality
- Take the lead on the procurement process that may include but not limited to; preparation of items specifications, tender document, newspaper advertisements, collection of bids, organizing bids analysis, assist in preparation of short-listing for qualified suppliers, contracting suppliers and follow up the delivery, send successful and rejection letters to bidders, installation and training as may be needed.
- Ensure that all procurements are made according to budget limits
- Ensure that all MAP procurement is in accordance with MAP’s procurement procedures.
- Ensure the implementation of proper procurement procedures at the time of emergency in accordance with MAP operational manual.
- Ensures the timely delivery of quality pharmaceutical products at the lowest possible cost
- Participates in the selection of suppliers based on criteria
- Conducts a comparative analysis on supplier prices
- Reviews and evaluates the performance of the suppliers
- Processes the necessary clearance documents
- Closely liaising with the clearing agents
- Review and check all order forms, tender documents and invoices related to relevant procurements and ensure these are processed in accordance with MAP’s financial procedures and support Zero VAT requirements
- Support DoP West Bank and F&A manager in relationship management with MAP’s some stakeholders: suppliers, contractors, donors, and auditors in the WB
- Support the mission, ethos and values of MAP.
- Carry out other associated duties as may arise in line with the broad remit of the position.
- Support and promote diversity and equality of opportunity in the workplace.
- Work collaboratively with others in all aspects of our work.
- Represent and be an ambassador for MAP.
- Be flexible and carry out other associated duties as may arise, develop or be assigned in line with the broad remit of the position.
- Maintain and improve competencies through continuous professional development.
- Abide by organizational policies, codes of conduct and practices.
- Treat with confidentiality any personal, private or sensitive information about individual organisations and or clients or staff and MAP data.
- Minimum of 3 years of professional experience in operational aspects of Procurement.
- Experience in using legally established professional and transparent procurement policies and procedures
- Experience in financial management of tendering processes, bid analysis, contracting suppliers and audit.
Skills and abilities
- Proven skills in procurement and negotiation
- Good understanding of and sensitivity to the regional/local context;
- Good written and verbal communication skills in both English and Arabic;
- Competent in basic IT skills, specially Excel spread sheets;
- Organised self-starter, able to work alone or as part of a team.
- First Degree in Business administration, Accounting, pharmaceuticals or another related field
Personal attributes and other requirements
- Commitment to anti-discriminatory practice and equal opportunities.
- An ability to apply awareness of diversity issues to all areas of work.
- Commitment to the values and ethos of MAP.
- Able to work flexibly in emergencies and otherwise.
Candidates should download and fill the application form and Equality monitoring form at the following link:
and send it to [email protected] by Thursday 26 July, 2018. You can also read our Privacy statement online. Please write “Application – Procurement Officer PT, West Bank” in the email subject line. Do not attach CVs or any other documents. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.