Job Title: Procurement Assistant
Reporting to: Finance Manager
Location: Gaza- Palestine Office
Contract period: 12 months fixed-term contract
Closing date: 26/06/2021
About Human Appeal UK
Human Appeal UK is a non-profit organisation working across the globe to strengthen humanity’s fight against poverty, social injustice and natural disaster. Through the provision of immediate relief and the establishment of self-sustaining development programmes, we aim to invest in real, effective solutions.
We work year-round to establish healthcare, water and sanitation- WASH, education, and livelihood programmes that pave the way for empowered, self-serving communities. We also provide food, medical aid, and disaster relief during emergencies, a critical intervention that saves lives.
- Effectively perform various activities throughout the procurement cycle and ensuring smooth functioning of all procurement functions to assist the acquisition of supplies and services in support of the delivery of high-quality programming in HA.
- Responsible for coordinating, consolidating, and ensuring smooth implementation of and adherence to logistic and procurement procedures, and provides logistical support to HA Projects
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Ensure all HA policies and procedures are followed for the procurement process.
- Supports requestors to prepare complete and comprehensive Purchase Requisition Forms.
- Assists with the maintenance of the procurement plan and the procurement tracking tool to facilitate timely communication of procurement/purchase needs, status updates on the progress of all orders, and effective and efficient service delivery.
- Liaise with suppliers to create realistic delivery schedules and compare actual deliveries in order to evaluate supplier performance and responsiveness.
- Provide procurement planning support to the programme staff as required.
- Ongoing market research for new suppliers that may provide better service or value for money for HA.
- Maintain and update suppliers list.
- Ensure procurement files are accurate and records are in compliance to HA procurement policies, the filing system is properly established, all soft copies and hard copies of procurement files are accessible and manageable.
- Assist with the preparation of contracts and amendments of contracts when needed
- Visits suppliers (company site, stores, and/or production facilities) to collect information and support the due diligence process.
- Obtains purchased items by forwarding orders to suppliers; monitoring and expediting orders.
- Preparing documents for payment for purchases by forwarding receiving documentation.
- Keeps information accessible by sorting and filing documents.
- Ensure that all payment invoices are reviewed and signed by the relevant staff and submitted to the finance department, recorded in the register book, and that finance signs a confirmation of receipt.
- Perform other tasks assigned by the finance manager
- Support the team to provide data to monitor and evaluate the overall logistics performance in support of the programs.
- Facilitation of workshops, trainings including hotel bookings and reservations
- Coordinating to develop reports on materials and personnel movements and various operational logistics problems
- To supervise facilities and office based support staff (cleaners) and ensure that they are given regular feedback on any service improvements
- Management and maintenance of the office, primary responsibility for maintenance and repairs include (timely repairs, supervision of maintenance workers, monitoring of cleaning services, maintenance of keys, locks, master keys, reporting on administrative issues, and supplies/equipment for office.
- Processing and reconciliation of admin-related payments.
- Any other tasks as requested by the direct line manager
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Experience and Technical Competencies
- Bachelor Degree of Accounting, Business Administration or other related discipline from an accredited institution
- 2-5 years' of experience in similar role, ideally within INGOs
- Professional level using MS Office Suite, especially MS Excel.
- Having valid driving license
- High proficiency and Fluent in English, Arabic is an asset
- Advanced communication and interpersonal skills
We are looking to appoint this role ASAP so for the best chance of success please APPLY TODAY!
Please upload your CV and Cover Letter outlining your experience, skills, qualification and professional background fit with the position requirements (maximum one page).
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.