Human Appeal is a faith-based charity that aims to abolish poverty by providing humanitarian aid, sustainable development programmes and championing advocacy for our beneficiaries worldwide. Now over 25 years old, Human Appeal has a presence in 24 countries spanning across 3 continents: Asia, Africa and Europe.
Human Appeal is seeking a qualified candidate to fulfill the following vacancy in Palestine field office – Gaza:
Position Ref.: HA/F/1-2020
The Procurement Assistant will be one of Human Appeal’s dynamic team members to effectively perform various activities throughout the procurement cycle and ensuring smooth functioning of all procurement functions to assist the acquisition of supplies and services in support of the delivery of high-quality programming in Human Appeal. Your abilities will allow you to successfully support the quality and efficiency of procurement and purchasing activities.
- Ensure all HA policies and procedures are followed for the procurement process.
- Supports requestors to prepare complete and comprehensive Purchase Requisition Forms.
- Assists with the maintenance of the procurement plan and the procurement tracking tool to facilitate timely communication of procurement/purchase needs, status updates on the progress of all orders, and effective and efficient service delivery.
- Liaise with suppliers to create realistic delivery schedules and compare actual deliveries in order to evaluate supplier performance and responsiveness.
- Provide procurement planning support to the programme staff as required.
- Ongoing market research for new suppliers that may provide better service or value for money for HA.
- Maintain and update suppliers list.
- Ensure procurement files are accurate and records are in compliance to HA procurement policies, the filing system is properly established, all soft copies and hard copies of procurement files are accessible and manageable.
- Assist with the preparation of contracts and amendments of contracts when needed
- Visits suppliers (company site, stores, and/or production facilities) to collect information and support the due diligence process.
- Obtains purchased items by forwarding orders to suppliers; monitoring and expediting orders.
- Preparing documents for payment for purchases by forwarding receiving documentation.
- Keeps information accessible by sorting and filing documents.
- Ensure that all payment invoices are reviewed and signed by the relevant staff and submitted to the finance department, recorded in the register book, and that finance signs a confirmation of receipt.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor Degree of Accounting, Business Administration or other related discipline from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in similar role, ideally within an INGOs.
- Fluent communication skills in English and Arabic language (both written and spoken)
- Computer literate and competent with Microsoft office specially Excel.
- Flexibility and ability to work under pressure, manage time and prioritize work to deadlines.
- Punctuality and respect for rules and procedures.
- Must be able to maintain the highest level of confidentiality regarding work-related information and data
This would be an ideal role for an experienced Procurement Assistant looking to make a difference in a rewarding role within the Charity Sector!
We are looking to appoint this role ASAP so for the best chance of success please APPLY TODAY!
Please upload your CV and Cover Letter in the application outlining how your experience, skills, qualification and professional background fit with the position requirements (maximum one page).
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.