To provide coordination, administrative services and research to support the efficient and effective procurement
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Provide operational coordination and administrative services, to support procurement projects and activities,
following standard processes and contributing to the effective procurement of goods and services.
2. Identify and recommend potential suppliers, and compile data/documents to support the selection of suppliers, ensuring standard processes are followed.
3. Review, record and prioritise purchasing requests, and provide support to requisitioners, in order to support the procurement of appropriate goods and services, at lowest cost to WFP.
4. Contribute to negotiations with new suppliers on terms and conditions of orders, alongside a senior officer, in order to obtain the best terms and lowest costs for WFP.
5. Prepare Purchase Orders, contracts and any supporting documentation for approval by the appropriate
stakeholder, and approve purchases within delegated authority, to enable the swift purchase of goods and services.
6. Resolve issues related to delivered goods, using initiative, liaising with all parties and following standard processes, to ensure timely and accurate resolution of problems.
7. Research, collect and analyse data in order to produce reports to enable informed decision-making by Procurement Officers, and consistency of information presented to stakeholders.
8. Manage updates and further develop databases and records, to ensure information is accurate, organised, and available for others to access, and supports reporting requirements.
9. Maintain relationships with internal counterparts, to support the alignment of procurement activities with wider programmes and ensure a coherent approach to meeting food assistance needs.
10. Supervise the work of support staff, providing practical advice and guidance, to ensure individual and team objectives are delivered to agreed standards and deadlines.
11. Follow standard emergency preparedness practices to support WFP to quickly respond and deploy food and needed resources to affected areas at the onset of the crisis.
For the Logistics tasks and responsibilities:
• Ensure effective SC budget management including project budgetary review and regular Supply Chain
• Contribute to project documents, including SC computation and other budgetary issues
• Ensure the correctness of programming rates
• Invoice processing and billing
• Analyzing and monitor the funds status
• Takes part of the Fund Management working group in CO
• Perform any other relevant duties
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
• Demonstrated familiarity with locally purchased commodities/goods/services (e.g., cash based, in-kind
• Experience conducting supplier research and coordinating with retailers, wholesalers and traders.
• Demonstrated knowledge of procurement processes and linkages with other operations (e.g., logistics).
Internal WFP staff can access the VA through LMS/ CAREER page using the following link:
External applicants kindly use the following
Make sure that you answer all mandatory questions and to attach your updated CV
Females are highly encouraged to apply
Deadline for application is: 30 April 2018
Only short-listed candidates meeting the required qualifications will be contacted.