Working efficiently, effectively and in a spirit of partnership, we support people and societies in developing, transition and industrialized countries in shaping their own futures and improving living conditions. This is what the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) is all about. As a federally owned enterprise, we support the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. We are also engaged in international education work around the globe.
In order to support the Private Sector Development Programme, we are looking for a Part-time (80%)
“Procurement and Grants officer”
Tasks and functions include but are not limited to:
Procurement of goods and services:
- Prepares all documents required for local procurement of materials, equipment, and goods for the program up to EUR 5000 in accordance with GIZ rules and regulations
- Prepares all documents required for local procurement of materials, goods, and equipment for amounts above EUR 5000 which are processed by GIZ country office. Arranges for opening of tenders and participates in openings with Palestine GIZ central administration staff
- Maintains data relevant for procurement and tenders in the procurement lists
- Responsible for following up delivery times with suppliers and handling delays and problems that may arise before delivery
- Checks invoices for goods, vouchers, payment instructions and report to Head of Program Administration
- Checks local and international contracts and requests, ensure that all contract requests are according to GIZ rules and regulations, in addition to processing them through GIZ portal/ digital gateway.
- Documents and files completed requests in reference files or in DMS in line with GIZ’s filing rules
- Prepares and organizes information materials for the line manager and assists in preparing financial reports for the programme when required.
- Follows up programme’s assets and inventory lists, conduct physical material check and prepare handover protocols and disposal forms
- Informing Advisors and technical staff on GIZ financial and administrative guidelines and ensuring compliance with them
- Is involved in annual preparation for internal control and meeting GIZ’s IC rules
- Performs other duties and tasks at the requested by line manager
- Is responsible for partners financing collecting contracting documents and budget verification of local subsidies, Financing Agreements, and Grant Agreements.
- Checks proposed budget and ensures compliance with GIZ rules and regulations.
- Advises and supports Partner organizations in preparing the documents required for Grant Agreements’, Financing agreements and Local subsidies’ financial reporting.
- Creates a well-functioning knowledge and monitoring system for the Grants, Local Subsidies concluded in the programme.
- Reviewing partners financial reports, providing compliance advice, and following up on payments and reimbursement request.
- Provides full orientation to partner organizations on how to deal with Financing arrangements in accordance with GIZ rules and regulations.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Required qualifications, competences, and experience
- University degree in accounting, finance, administration, or any related field of study.
- 5 years professional experience in a comparable position.
- Fluent in English and Arabic. German is a plus.
- Good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet)
- Strong computer skills, particularly in MS Office application (e.g., word, excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines, self-initiator, flexible and able to work with people of different backgrounds, service-oriented, friendly personality, well organised and motivated
Assignment: Starting 01.03.2022, 12 months contract with possible extension.
As an equal opportunity employer, GIZ stands for inclusion and diversity and does not discriminate against applicants for employment because of their gender, disability, age, religion, or ethnic origin. GIZ offers an attractive and challenging work environment with opportunities for personal and professional development
A complete application must be submitted in English to the following address: [email protected] which includes the attached applicant information form, the CV, and a one-page cover letter, no later than 15th February 2022 at the latest 04:00 PM.
Kindly state in the email subject “Procurement and Grants Officer-PSDP”. Any deficiency in the application will NOT be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Attachment GIZ applicant information form