Working efficiently, effectively and in a spirit of partnership, we support people and societies in developing, transition and industrialized countries in shaping their own futures and improving living conditions. This is what the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) is all about. As a federally owned enterprise, we support the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. We are also engaged in international education work around the globe.
The Private Sector Development Programme (PSDP) is commissioned by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) to strengthen the economic development in the Palestinian Territories by improving the competitiveness and resilience of Palestinian businesses. In partnership with key stakeholders and the Palestinian Ministry of National Economy (MoNE), PSDP supports micro, small and medium-sized enterprises (MSMEs) directly and by strengthening the capacities of MoNE and of specialized NGOs and private sector organizations.
As a new focus, PSDP added the EU co-financed project “Green Growth Palestine” to its scope and supports the German lead of the Green Economy component within the Team Europe Initiative (TEI) “Sustainable Growth, Jobs and Resilience”. In this context PSDP supports the transition of MSMEs towards green and inclusive business practices, builds capacities at the MoNE and supporting organizations. PSDP also coordinates the contributions from European Development Partners (EDPs) and serves as a platform for research, knowledge management, information exchange, networking, communication, and monitoring & evaluation for all relevant partners and stakeholders supporting a Green Economy in Palestine.
To support the Private Sector Development Programme, we are looking for a Full-time (100%)
“Private Sector Development Advisor- Green Economy Gaza”
Tasks and Functions include, but are not limited to:
- Responsibility for the implementation of EU Green Economy project components in Gaza.
- Providing the Gaza-context for the Green Economy components of PSDP.
- Analyzing private sector development needs and priorities for designing and implementing capacity development interventions targeting intermediaries and SMEs.
- Conceptualizing, developing, implementing, reporting, and monitoring project plans and activities.
- Developing and implementing quality assurance measures and actively participating in the further development of PSDP and the Green Economy component.
- Contributing to the outputs on Green Finance, Green Policy, and Green Knowledge Management components.
- Supporting project M&E and actively contributing to communication, knowledge management and project documentation and reporting as well as project missions/visitors.
- Supporting cooperation, regular contact, and dialogue with partners, communicating local interests and efforts, forwards these and encourages sharing ideas and information for the benefit of the project.
- Assisting in general project and operational planning and developing project concepts including preparation, organization, and moderation of planning exercises.
- Performs other duties and tasks at the requested by line manager.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Required qualifications, competences, and experience:
- University degree, preferably Masters, in an area related to the project’s objectives, especially in the fields of Economics, Business Administration, Development Policy or Green Business
- At least 5 years of professional experience in Private Sector Development and/or Green Economy Development
- Working with companies, chambers, and business associations, e.g., on capacity development in improving competitiveness,
- Institutional experience and knowledge of (partner and stakeholder environment in Palestine)
- Proven working experience in Green Economy related fields such as circular economy, energy saving and input efficiency, or waste management and reduction is an important plus.
- 1-3 years professional experience in development cooperation is an asset (results-oriented)
- Substantial working experience and knowledge of the specific situation in Gaza; a proven and relevant network of contacts in Gaza is a plus.
- Fluency in English and Arabic (oral and written), knowledge of German is an asset.
- Good working knowledge of the relevant ITC technologies and computer applications, working knowledge on social media.
- Cooperative mindset: Ability to work in interdisciplinary teams and actively utilizing cooperations within the team, across GIZ projects and with EDPs, other partners and our beneficiaries to achieve our goals is a must.
- Ability to work under stressful conditions, self-motivated, flexible, and able to work with people of different backgrounds, service oriented, friendly personality, and well organised.
- Willingness to upskill capabilities to achieve our project’s and your personal career goals.
Assignment: Starting October 1, 2023. 12-months contract with possible extension.
As an equal opportunity employer, GIZ stands for inclusion and diversity and does not discriminate against applicants for employment because of their gender, disability, age, religion, or ethnic origin. GIZ offers an attractive and challenging work environment with opportunities for personal and professional development.
A complete application must be submitted in English to the following address: [email protected] which includes the applicant information form, CV and cover letter, no later than 15th of September 2023 at latest 04:00 PM.
Kindly state in the email subject “Private Sector Development Advisor- Green Economy Gaza”. Any deficiency in the application will NOT be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Attachment GIZ applicant information form