As a member of the IFRC country office team, the overall purpose of this position is to support the operational planning, monitoring, evaluation, and reporting of IFRC supported PRCS operations and programs in Palestine (OPT).
The PMER Officer provides technical support for the development and improvement of the quality, relevance, and timeliness of IFRC planning, monitoring, evaluation, and reporting cycles. The PMER Officer is responsible for developing a delegation level results-based system for planning, performance measurement, learning and accountability of IFRC supported activities, operations, and program in OPT. The role will require development and maintaining systems and processes related to planning, monitoring and accountability as well as supporting on developing and implementing an evaluation and learning framework.
The post holder will mentor and guide the PMER capacity development processes for the Palestine Red Crescent Society (PRCS) through the use of innovative and appropriate tools.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Operational PMER responsibilities
- Support in developing M&E System towards effective & efficient performance management as well as sustainable impact evaluation and provide guidance to staff and partners in their use.
- Support the revisions of emergency appeal/emergency plan of actions and operational plans, as required.
- Perform the required quality control for the completion of the operational narrative reports in compliance with the IFRC quality standards and timeliness to fulfil established deadlines.
- Ensure Documents’ coherence (plans and reports) with the financial documents (budgets and reports).
- Contribute to the development of proposals for contributions and monitoring of donor pledges.
- Maintain and act-upon a tracker of operational reports due and overdue in liaison with finance and PMER teams in the regional office.
- Ensure close coordination with IFRC MENA Regional PMER team and other technical leads including relevant focal points from the movement partners.
- Maintain knowledge, understanding and use of the IFRC planning, monitoring, evaluation and reporting systems and procedures.
- Support the country office with PMER related duties during emergencies, as needed, to ensure business continuity.
- In close coordination with IFRC PMER team at the MENA Regional Office, support PRCS in planning, monitoring, evaluation, and reporting.
- Provide hands-on technical assistance to PRCS specifically with regards to data collection, reporting and analysis.
- Provide PRCS PMER Team/ practitioners capacity building support (mentoring, peer-to-peer, training).
- Assess the usefulness, relevance and effectiveness of the tools, guidelines, and best practices; Help ensure timely and quality Federation planning and reporting.
As part of the IFRC Country Delegation Office in Palestine (OPT):
- Support IFRC annual planning process working with IFRC MENA Reginal Office.
- Support determining program performance and impact measurements tools.
- Ensure reporting deadlines are met and produce operation and emergency documents.
- Provide professional support and quality assurance for the timely delivery of IFRC Emergency Appeals and Disaster Relief Emergency Fund (DREF) operational plans; Promote quality and reliable evaluation.
- Support and take part in reviews/ evaluations and lessons learned workshops according to the IFRC's Evaluation Framework.
- Train and equip PRCS with innovative data collection and analysis tools to foster a culture of data driven and result oriented decision making.
- Foster a positive learning environment through engaging the partners NSs present in the country and brokering linkages and joint initiatives to ensure a standardised approach and maximized results in PMER capacity development for the PRCS.
Planning - coordinate and facilitate the production of high quality and timely IFRC operational plans.
- Inform and update PRCS and in country partners of the IFRC annual planning and reporting cycle.
- Lead review of overall quality and consistency of IFRC plans for relevance, alignment, logic, coherence (including with financial data), credibility and clarity.
- Engage with the IFRC MENA Regional PMER team to enhance, develop and update the IFRC annual planning systems and tools.
- Advise/participate in task forces on emergency appeals/DREFs, oversee the timely development of emergency appeals and ensure the establishment of clear emergency plans of action with indicators and monitoring and evaluation plans.
- Contribute to the strategic planning process at IFRC and NS levels, as required.
Reporting - Ensure quality and timely compliance of IFRC reporting obligations.
- Ensure oversight, compliance, and proactive risk assessment with regards to reporting requirements in collaboration with IFRC: Finance, Strategic Engagement and Partnership Unit (SEP), Partnership and Resources Development (PRD) and PRCS and relevant budget holders for an enhanced accountability and improved partner relationship.
- Lead and ensure quality assurance for IFRC reporting timeliness and compliance with IFRC reporting standards and formats while liaising with technical units at the regional office level.
- Promote the development of data visualisation tools, in collaboration with the Information Management (IM) focal point, as a vehicle to improve the quality and coherence of the reports.
- Keep the reporting database up to date as per the standard procedures and the audit requirements.
Monitoring - Enhance Monitoring practices.
- Create, establish, and maintain a culture of continuous learning and analysis of data and information with the objective of ensuring that IFRC supported operations and programmes are refined and remain relevant in a changing context.
- Together with finance, monitor project-level implementation to track progress and ensure accountability towards more efficiency and effectiveness (e.g. minimising underspending)
- Optimize use of technology to develop M&E systems at IFRC Country Delegation PRCS and PRCS, and hence improve the accuracy, timeliness and accessibility of monitoring and evaluation data. Also ensure that the M&E systems are developed based on local capacity, cost-effective approaches, flexibility, and sustainable processes.
- Support best monitoring and evaluation practice at PRCS to support quality programming and accountability standards, as requested.
- Provide direct technical support to IFRC technical support and monitoring missions.
- Provide technical advice and capacity-building support to PRCS on the development and implementation of appropriate monitoring and evaluation and reporting systems, including the Federation-Wide Reporting System.
Evaluation - Promote quality and reliable evaluation.
- Support, coordinate and manage evaluations in Palestine (oPt) in compliance with the IFRC Evaluation Policy and ensure adequate follow-up and utilisation of the recommendations to further uphold accountability.
- Advise the IFRC country office and regional technical units on the most appropriate type of evaluation in view of the context, resources and nature of the intervention.
- Contribute to an effective, high quality IFRC team.
- Ensure all IFRC resources (direct and indirect) are effectively managed and developed in compliance with IFRC guidelines, policies and procedures.
Other relevant tasks as required:
- Support IFRC Head of Delegation, including support to trainings, workshops, conferences as necessary.
- Contribute to the overall capacity building of PRCS.
- Able to travel in oPt (Bank and Gaza) and in the MENA region as required.
- Actively work towards the achievement of the Federation Secretariat’s goals
- Abide by and work in accordance with the Red Cross and Red Crescent principles
- Perform any other work-related duties and responsibilities that may be assigned by the line manager
- University degree, or equivalent, in relevant discipline (International Relations, Humanitarian Affairs, etc.). - Required
- Relevant post-graduate degree or MBA (or equivalent). - Preferred
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in PMER for an international organization. - Required
- Knowledge of IFRC and National Society operating environment. - Preferred
- Previous experience in working in the MENA region. - Preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Languages
- Strong background in PMER/MEAL.
Strong report writing and product delivery to tight deadlines. Ability to write, edit and analyse complex reports. - Required
- Sound background of social research methodologies, including a highly developed analytical and communication skills and ability to assimilate and process information for wide-ranging audiences. - Required
- Excellent computer skills. (e.g. Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat). Ability to perform page-layout, incorporating text, photos and other graphic elements for a printed page. - Required
- Sound understanding of basic project finance (e.g. ability to explain variance between budgeted and actual expenditure). - Required
- Knowledge and commitment to Red Cross Red Crescent Fundamental Principles. - Required
- Basic understanding of legal framework of humanitarian operations, as well as gender, protection, social or human vulnerability issues. - Required
- Excellent inter-personal skills and cultural sensitivity. - Required
- Demonstrated abilities to work effectively under pressure. - Required
- Tracked record in designing, leading and implementing PMER system . - Required
- Ability and willingness to travel and stay in basic conditions. - Required
- Ability to travel up to 25% of her/his time, including travel to potentially adverse conditions and/or disaster zones. - Required
- Must be able and willing to travel to all MENA countries. - Required
- Excellent Professional level spoken and written English and Arabic. - Required
Competencies, Values and Comments
- Drive for results.
- Orientation to attention to detail.
- Strong time management and organisational skills.
- Self-motivated, with good judgment and initiative.
- Able to work with and manage others under stress sometimes
- National Society and Customer Relations
- Creativity and Innovation
- Strong capacity to handle complex tasks independently and as part of a team.
IFRC provides equal employment opportunities
For interested Applicants, Application will ONLY be accepted Via following PMER Officer - IFRC