This position is required to have a deep understanding of the administrative, financial and procurement procedures to ensure full compliance with Federation policies and procedures to deliver services to the IFRC Program and operations in the country.
The position holder will be located at the IFRC Country Office in Ramallah, Palestine. She/he will report to the Head of Delegation. The position will have a technical reporting line to the Regional Head of Finance and Administration.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Policies and Procedures
- Review and provide feedback on documentation submitted with incorrect coding or inadequate supporting documentation.
- Incorporate risk management framework and control mechanisms in all operations.
- Adhere to IFRC Fraud and Corruption Prevention Policy
- Provide feedback to his/her line manager or the Head of Finance and Administration to enhance internal policies, processes, and procedures.
Functional and efficient delivery of administrative services
- Coordinate the delivery of all general services to ensure a smooth day-to-day running of the office including telephone/reception, accommodations, vehicles, visas, travel arrangement, housing, transport, and work closely with the national society on such arrangements.
- Ensure compliance with all local regulations in Palestine (e.g.: labour law, taxes, social security, pension funds, etc.)
- Support the identification of accommodation for delegates within the defined parameters, including security as authorized by HoD and ensure that all houses leased are equipped properly, maintained (if applicable) and support trouble shooting to identified issues.
- Draft and negotiate lease agreements with landlord/real estate agency with the advice of the legal officer. Ensure timely renewal of the agreements.
- Arrange travel and accommodation for visitors according to agreed processes and procedures.
- Ensure that the standardized filing system is in place and maintained regularly, including contracts.
- Develop and maintain precise and efficient country office administrative procedures, lead on initiatives for a greener office environment and less waste.
- Ensure competent management of all contracts, agreements, MOUs, and other legal documents as required.
- Coordinate and manage effective information management systems, including filing (electronic and hard copy), guidelines/policies, database, and correspondence.
- Keep an accurate record of the inventory of assets, document the procurements or disposals of assets properly, conduct a physical count to ensure the list is reconciled with the physical items.
Supply Chain and procurement services
- To lead the procurement of goods and services as needed by IFRC Country Delegation.
- To review procurement files submitted by the NS.
- As required, communicate and coordinate with key in-country suppliers to ensure the provision of the goods and services to IFRC Delegation.
- Perform all procurement transactions as required.
- Be the focal point for the reception of incoming/outgoing procurement correspondences such as letters, invoices & Goods Received Note (GRN), ensuring proper recording before updating the procurement tracker.
- Forecast material requirements which are related to the Admin and Logistics of Country delegation.
- Maintain the procurement filing system as per the standards.
- Ensure full compliance of all country office procurement activities.
- As required, performs regular review of financial transactions to ensure accuracy of the transactions entered the accounting system.
- Verifies that the transactions process occurs according to the IFRS (International Financial Reporting Standards) and the IFRC policies, procedures, and they follow the donor requirements.
- As required, prepares income or expenditure reallocations to ensure that the reports are be completed on time.
Validation of transactions
- As required, ensure that all the transactions are validated following the expenditure authorization policy and others.
- Coordinate with the Logistics Unit on the purchases/procurement and ensure supporting documents are following Federation procedures.
- As required, ensure all accounting transactions are appropriately authorized and documented by original and valid supporting documentation.
- As required, provide feedback to the project managers when findings have been identified in terms of documentation that does not meet the requirements or transactions that are not within the approved budget.
- Follow up with the project manager or unit staff that the forecasts, journal of expenditures, expense claims and other documents are presented within the established deadlines.
Month-end closure outlines (if applicable)
- Support run of all the routines related for the closing of the month (e.g., currency revaluation, allocation, booking of provisions, etc.) within the deadlines (if necessary)
- This position will support timely submission of field returns where applicable.
- Verify periodically that the insurance policy is up to date and covers the existing list of assets.
- Coordinate with the IT staff for the proper management of IT equipment.
- File the documents as per the standardized filing system.
Organization of events
- Manage administrative organization of events and meetings (interpreters set up, meeting facilities, organization of receptions, buffet, meals, renting of office equipment.
- Organize transportation as if required.
Relationships with other stakeholders:
- Liaise with the administration, accounting staff or finance officers of other offices (when necessary)
- As required and in coordination with Sr. Fin& Admin Officer, liaise with the assigned senior finance analysts to get advice, orientation, support on technical matters and provide feedback to the findings observed in the monthly field returns, accounting, and financial matters.
- Liaise with the Head of Finance and Administration to highlight urgent matters and provide feedback on how to improve systems and processes.
- As required, support auditors in terms of clarification or provide supporting documentation.
- As required, conduct briefing and debriefings to unit staff under his/her portfolio.
- Provide full support during long-term vacancies, staff absence, or illness to ensure continuity of the finance and administration function.
- Be proactive, solution-focused oriented, drive the processes forward, seek assistance from the appropriate units, and encourage the Finance and Administration function to be an integral part of Operations Management.
- Be prepared to deliver training to IFRC staff, or National Society Staff (if it is required).
- Actively work towards the achievement of the Federation Secretariat’s goals
- Abide by and work in accordance with the Red Cross and Red Crescent principles
- Perform any other work-related duties and responsibilities that may be assigned by the line manager
- University degree or master’s degree in administration, financial management or accounting. - Required
- Studying for professional/academic qualification in administration and accounting. - Preferred
- 3+ years of experience in the technical area of expertise (finance/accounting and administration). - Required
- Experience in Personnel Management. - Preferred
- Experience in Financial Management. - Required
- Experience in budget preparation and control. - Required
- Excellent practical knowledge of computers (Windows, spreadsheets, word processing, accounting applications, e-mail, Internet). - Required
- Experience of working with an International Organization. - Required
Knowledge, Skills and Languages
- Good stress management skills. - Required
- Excellent analytical skills and solution-focused person. - Required
- Excellent communication skills. - Required
- Good management skills. - Required
- Time Management skills. - Required
- Fluently spoken and written English and Arabic. - Required
- Good command of another IFRC official language (French, Spanish or Arabic). - Preferred
Competencies, Values and Comments
- Respect for diversity
- Collaboration and teamwork
- Judgement and decision making
- National society and customer relations
- Creativity and innovation
- Building trust
IFRC provides equal employment opportunities
For interested Applicants, Application will ONLY be accepted Via following Finance and Administration Officer - IFRC