Working efficiently, effectively and in a spirit of partnership, we support people and societies in developing, transition and industrialized countries in shaping their own futures and improving living conditions. This is what the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) is all about. As a federally owned enterprise, we support the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. We are also engaged in international education work around the globe.
The “Migration and Diaspora program (PMD) promotes the potential that global migration offers for sustainable development. Thanks to their expertise, ideas, experience, and contacts, we believe migrants spark important change and help their countries of origin remain fit for the future. We support people who wish to put the knowledge and skills they have acquired in Germany to good use in their country of origin. For example, this may be in specialist roles, by starting new businesses or by working for associations. Our expertise and advisory services on worldwide labour migration benefit individuals and institutions, such as the ministries of labour and employment in our partner countries. PMD works on behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and is implemented by the Centre for International Migration and Development (CIM), which is jointly run by the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH and the International Placement Services (ZAV) of the German Federal Employment Agency (BA).
In order to support the programme, we are looking for a Part-time (70%):
Tasks and functions include but are not limited to:
- Supporting the strategic development of the PMD components implemented in the Palestinian Territories in close coordination with Ute Jarchow / Regional Manager Middle East and the PMD team in the country and in HQ, including the ZAV placement officers and assistants
- Establishing and strengthening of strategic partnerships with relevant political and operational partners of PMD
- Providing advisory services to highly qualified migrants and the Palestinian Diaspora (individuals and Diaspora-Organizations) in Germany
- Assisting project initiatives to provide professional advisory services to and cooperate with a broad range of target groups
- The monitoring process of all activities related to Development-oriented Return and Diaspora Cooperation in the Palestinian Territories; monitoring Returning Experts (RE) and Diaspora Experts (DE) assignments and ensuring the quality of content in their reports and AoR; monitoring the progress of projects implemented in the Palestinian Territories by Palestinian Diaspora-Organizations in Germany and their partner organizations in the Palestinian Territories
- Innovation and knowledge management
Information and advice
- Compiles information on country-specific employment opportunities (above all as part of information events for jobseekers and graduates in Germany),
- Informs and advises experts and students (by email/ telephone/skype or in person) on employment opportunities and topics that pertain to their return or their social and professional integration,
- Advises experts on the administrative procedures of the promotion process at PMD and ensures that the necessary quality standards are maintained in the documents submitted,
- Prepares country-specific print and digital PR materials as well as case sheets for PR work (e.g. PMD News, website) in coordination with the communication team in the Headquarter,
- Organizes events in Germany for specific target groups (in cooperation with the regional manager) as well as in the Palestinian Territories.
- Forges work contacts with relevant employers and acquires specific offers for development-relevant jobs
- Enters the acquired job offers into the web template while adhering to the necessary quality standards
- Helps to place returning experts in jobs, especially in development-relevant areas, while ensuring an adequate amount of position-oriented placements
- Proactively looks for suitable positions to match the skills of qualified applicants
- Signs subsidy decisions pertaining to promotions in the component “development-oriented return”, salary top-up, networking trips, fringe benefits, training measures, etc. and agrees them as per four-eye principle with Ute Jarchow / Regional Manager Middle East.
- monitoring RE and DE assignments and ensuring the quality of content in their reports and AoR
Networking and Cooperation
- Facilitates the networking of the promoted experts both among themselves as well as with other development cooperation experts, in particular with Integrated Experts (IE) and Diaspora Experts (DE)
- Organizes networking meetings and workshops with the objective of supporting an exchange of expertise
- Establishes regular contact with the German Embassy, other German institutions (e.g. Goethe-Institute, DAAD), foundations, relevant local ministries, diaspora groups and migrant organizations in Germany and the Palestinian Territories, as well as RF Alumni and employer institutions
- Designs, plans and implements training measures (e.g. knowledge transfer trainings) for promoted RE and acts as trainer/facilitator
- Informs employees on the PMD’s different promotion components
- Promotes and coordinates all PMD-activities of the component “Diaspora Cooperation” in the Palestinian Territories.
- Informs, advises and establishes networks between the project partners in the Palestinian Territories while supporting the integration of the promoted projects into local and development cooperation structures, as well as supporting opportunities for networking with other programmes.
- Informs and advises DiO and partner organizations on the promotional offers and processes
- links local partner organizations with DiO in Germany with the view of establishing partnerships for potential project implementation
- Reviews funding and promotion requests of DiO and visits project partners in the Palestinian Territories
- Prepares all documentation for decision of financing DiO Projects and agrees them as per four-eye principle with Ute Jarchow / Regional Manager Middle East.
- Monitors running DiO projects in the country
Diaspora Experts (DE):
- Actively promotes PMD’s offer for DE with local partner institutions in the Palestinian Territories and within the Palestinian diaspora in Germany
- Acquires specific offers for development-related short-term assignments with country specific partner institutions
- Promotes the matching process between partner institutions and suitable applicants
- Prepares and signs subsidy decisions pertaining to promotions of DF and agrees to them as per four-eye principle with Ute Jarchow / Regional Manager Middle East.
- Accompanies the short-term missions of DE in the country
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Required qualifications, competences and experience
Minimum of three (3) years professional experience
Experience in project management
Experience with public institutions is desired
Experience with development cooperation and/or international NGOs is desired
Demonstrates strong stakeholder-engagement and communication skills
Excellent command of written, spoken and formal Arabic
High level of written and spoken English
Intermediate level of written and spoken German
Good management and communication skills
Ability to support a multi-task, multi-discipline project team
Ability and Willingness to travel abroad and within Jordan and the Palestinian territories
Very good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office)
Willingness to up skill as required by the tasks to be performed –corresponding measures are agreed with management
Experienced and able to work within a governmental institution
Creative individual with innovative ideas for new interventions and/or approaches
Ability to work independently but also as a good team player
Assignment: Starting July 1, 2021
GIZ is an equal opportunity employer and offers an attractive and challenging working environment with opportunities for skill enhancement.
A complete application must be submitted in English to the following address: [email protected], which includes CV and cover letter, no later than 14th of June 2021 at latest by 16:00 PM.
Kindly state in the email subject “PMD Coordinator”. Any deficiency in the application will NOT be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Attachment GIZ applicant information form