Physiotherapist Position- Jerusalem– National position
Position type and closing date
Full time position, National Position.
Location: Based in Jerusalem
Reports to: Director of Physiotherapy Unit
Closing date for applications: 12 November 2023
Applicants are required to uphold the core values of our organization.
The Augusta Victoria Hospital (AVH) is a medical center of excellence that has been providing healthcare services and other health programs for about 70 years to Palestinians, including refugees from throughout the West Bank and Gaza. AVH, a program by the Lutheran World Federation, serves patients regardless of race, religion, ethnicity, age, gender, sexual orientation, or political conviction, without discrimination or favoritism; It is a modern tertiary care facility that serves the most disadvantaged patients from Gaza and the West Bank and has a special historic relationship with the United Nations Relief Works Agency (UNRWA) for Palestine Refugees
For additional information, please see www.lutheranworld.org/World Service.
Terms of Reference
Main outcome of the role:
Physical therapy is a dynamic profession with an established theoretical and scientific base and widespread clinical applications in the restoration, maintenance, and promotion of optimal physical function.
Physiotherapists are health care professionals who help individuals maintain, restore, and improve movement, activity, and functioning, thereby enabling optimal performance and enhancing health, well-being, and quality of life. Physiotherapy services prevent, minimize, or eliminate impairments of body functions and structures, activity limitations, and participation restrictions.
Physical therapists play vital roles in today's health care environment and are recognized as essential providers of rehabilitation and habilitation, performance enhancement, and prevention and risk-reduction services. Physical therapists also play important roles both in developing standards for physical therapist practice and in developing health care policy to ensure availability, accessibility, and optimal provision of physical therapy.
- Comply with the Augusta Victoria Hospital policy, rules and regulations
- Engage in an examination process that includes taking the history including a review of systems and performing tests and measures to identify potential and existing problems.
- Perform evaluations, synthesizing the examination data to establish diagnoses, prognoses, and outcome.
- Develop physiotherapy care plan based on client physical assessment.
- Address client health problems within the scope of physical therapist practice.
- Provide interventions in response to client specific physiotherapy care needs, based on physical therapist judgments on diagnoses and patient prognoses.
- Write follow up notes and documentation needed on patient’s condition at all hospital department as
well as other needed reports, according to policy.
- Educate and advise patients and their family members regardingcontinuing of care at home that included in the discharge plan.
- Participate in multidisciplinary team meeting to improve the quality of health care based on the best standard.
- Participate in developing the standards of care guidelines and policies implemented at the hospital.
- Collaborate with other health care professionals to address individual needs and provide efficient and effective care of plan.
- Teach hospital staff how to use correct body mechanics on a daily basis work.
- Implement assignments which is given by the head of physiotherapy
- Adhere to safety and infection control policies followed at Augusta Victoria Hospital.
- Operate all fields of the hospital Health Information System (HMS) authorized for the physiotherapist.
- Perform all duties which ensure working within an appropriate environment by daily cleaning the assigned physiotherapy station, and equipment.
- Maintain patient privacy and confidentiality of information.
- Stay updated with any new physiotherapy skills techniques introduced into the physiotherapy department.
- To liaise with the medical specialist regarding the physiotherapy plan.
- To carry out any further task requested from the medical office as it relates to patients' welfare.
Physiotherapist in Augusta Victoria Hospital subjected to the hospital rules and regulations for the weekly working hours and for the annual leaves and holidays balance.
Job description and additional duties will be assigned according to the department where the nurse will be assigned
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Required Qualifications, Skills and experience:
- Bachelor degree in Physiotherapist.
- Passing the National Licensure Examination
- Active license as a registered.
- Three years’ experience working in hospital or rehabilitation center.
- Good computer skills, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Fluency in English and in Arabic.
- Ability to build credibility and trust with departments and staff and work effectively with them.
- Effective communication skills. The ability to effectively communicate with patients, caregivers, and fellow medical professionals.
- Teamwork-oriented and demonstrated flexibility.
- Motivated to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently under pressure, meet tight deadlines, and demonstrate flexibility and creativity in planning and problem-solving.
Respect and promote ethical values and human rights. In addition, maintaining professional relationships and acting as guides.
The Lutheran World Federation (LWF) is a global communion of 148 churches in the Lutheran tradition, representing 75.5 million Christians in 99 countries. LWF World Service works in 25 countries in Africa, Asia, the Middle East, Latin America and the Caribbean. LWF Jerusalem program has served the Palestinians in Jerusalem, West Bank and Gaza through humanitarian, health and educational programs since 1948. LWF manages the Augusta Victoria Hospital, two vocational training centers in Ramallah and in East Jerusalem and its central office is on the Mount of Olives.
Please apply on the following link: Application Form