Position Title: Physiotherapist (PT/ Full time 100%)
Place: El Amal Rehabilitation Society – Rafah
Reports To: Project Coordinator (PC)
Period: 3 months with possible extension
El Amal Rehabilitation Society – Rafah (ERSR) is a civil non-profit organization established in 1991 with Ministry of Interior registration number 5058. Our society is NGO leader working with distinction in the field of rehabilitation , development, education, health, culture, training in order to ensure a better life for marginalized groups, especially the deaf and enhance their capabilities based on qualified professional that use better techniques to build a generation capable of contributing to the building society , it also aspire to distinctive and active participation in building a civil society in which deaf people enjoy full rights in the Palestinian society .
El Amal in partnership with Campaign for the Children of Palestine “CCP- Japan” organization will start a project entitled " Community Development for Rehabilitation and Reintegration of the Persons with Disabilities or the Other Challenges in Gaza Strip", which is funded by JPF. The project will contribute to promote independence of the persons with disabilities and in need for the treatment, without being left behind from the reconstruction process in Gaza.
S/he will be reporting directly to the PC and work on all program activities.
Main duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, prepare, and carry out individually designed programs of physical treatment to maintain, improve, or restore physical functioning, alleviate pain, or prevent physical dysfunction in patients.
- Perform and document an initial exam, evaluating data to identify problems and determine a diagnosis prior to intervention.
- Identify and document patient problems, treatment short term objectives guided by International classification of functioning "ICF" checklist.
- Carry out plan of treatment items for patients, either at field or clinic-based setting.
- Record prognosis, treatment, response, and progress in patient's chart or enter information into computer.
- Obtain patients' informed consent to proposed interventions.
- Review physician's referral and patient's medical records to help determine diagnosis and physical therapy treatment required.
- Discharge patient from physical therapy when goals or projected outcomes have been attained and provide for appropriate follow-up care or referrals.
- Instruct patient and family in treatment procedures to be continued at home.
- Provide educational information about physical therapy, injury prevention, or ways to promote health for patient family.
- Assess patient needs of assistive devices and\or refer to orthotist for splints manufacture.
- Conduct trainings to families/caregivers of beneficiaries on home basic follow up exercises and ensure PT exercises are implemented after discharge.
- Respect and implement the quality criteria system that will be trained on by CCP during working services’ beneficiaries.
- Participate in the technical trainings that CCP will conduct in order to improve the team members intervention quality with services’ beneficiaries.
- Report to ERS Project coordinator, using the monitoring tools and reports forms on daily weekly/monthly/quarterly basis.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Academic and Professional Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor degree in Physical Therapy.
- Minimum 3 years of progressively responsible work experience in the field of Physical therapy for pediatric “CP children in particular”,
- Significant experience working on humanitarian assistance, similar rehabilitation projects.
- Candidates should obtain profession license from the Ministry of health.
- Good writing and communication skills in both English and Arabic;
- Proven ability to multi-task and meet deadlines;
- Proven ability to develop progress reports;
- Proficiency in computer applications (MS Word, Excel);
- Demonstrated strengths in relationship management; able to work with diverse groups of people in multicultural, team-oriented environment.
- Understands and works with local contexts (operational and cultural).
- Prefer Candidates living in Rafah and Khanyonis.
Qualified candidates can submit the following documents to [email protected]
The most recent CV including 3 professional contacts as references.
Kindly indicate the job title in the subject line of the email e.g. Physiotherapist.
Deadline for submitting applications 03/05/2020, no later than 02:00 p.m.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please