0102/2023 PHARMACY TECHNICIAN
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is a private, non-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in crisis, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
Supporting the drug supply management in the designated facilities under the supervision of the Mission Pharmacy Manager of the project and according to MSF health policies and protocols, in order to contribute in the guarantee of the proper management and distribution of drugs and medical devices.
Place of work: Gaza office
Starting date: 1st February 2023
Working Hours: 08:00 - 16:30 Sundays to Thursdays
Fixed term contract: 6 months (with 3 months’ probation period) - possibility of renewal
Required travel: mobility across Gaza requested based on operational need
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- In cooperation with the Pharmacy Manager, assisting in the supervision, management and control of the medical stock in the project in order to avoid ruptures, losses and gross overstock of drugs and other supplies and overseeing and monitoring its storage conditions
- In cooperation with the Pharmacy Manager, assisting on a monthly basis with preparation and approval of order requests, ensuring they are completed in timely manner to prevent unnecessary orders in between. Following up on drugs ruptures.
- In cooperation with the Pharmacy Supervisor and other MSF team members, assisting in the supervision, management, follow up and control of medical/supply stock in the MSF office, expat houses, and MSF cars. This includes physical count, ordering and monitoring of expired dates.
- Assisting with the collection of consumption from facilities on at least a monthly basis and collecting data about number of patients. Cooperating with and assisting the Pharmacy Manager in all related monthly reports, and under the Pharmacy Manager’s supervision, communicating and providing medical data to relevant MSF team members.
- Improving and following up the monitoring systems in place.
- Supporting the MoH counterparts in their responsibilities regarding monitoring of drug consumption, stock management and preparing/receiving orders.
- Assisting in preparing and organizing training sessions for MSF staff.
- Providing programs continuity during supervisor’s absence and handovers; sharing knowledge of program with incoming staff in a timely, accurate and efficient manner.
Education : Qualified pharmacist with valid license mandatory
Experience : Minimum 2 years’ experience collaborating with local pharmacy systems - MoH, private sector or NGO – is an asset
Demonstrable experience in supervising and training others in a team setting
Languages : Excellent English written and spoken is mandatory, Arabic an asset
Knowledge : Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Good computer skills: MS Word, MS Excel is mandatory
Competencies : Results and Quality Orientation - Teamwork and Cooperation -Behavioural Flexibility - Commitment to MSF Principles - Stress Management
Applicants must show their willingness by submitting an updated CV with Motivation Letter (not only a cover letter), previous working experience certificates, diploma and certifications no later than
Wednesday 18th January 2023 at 16:00 h to the following email address:
stating the job title in the subject line:
0102/2023 PHARMACY TECHNICIAN
Applicants currently under work contract with governmental bodies are excluded from this recruitment
ONLY APPLICATIONS IN ENGLISH WITH THE ABOVE MAIL TITLE WILL BE CONSIDERED VALID